OpenAccess Domain Model and Oracle connection issue

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jonathan Simmons
    Jonathan Simmons avatar
    108 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2005

    Posted 12 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    Hi, I am trying to create an OA domain model using the new wizard to connect to an Oracle back end.

    At the Setup Database Connection page of the wizard, I choose Oracle as the Backend, create a new connection using Oracle OPD.net, pick the Data source name (this is a TNS entry) and the connection tests fine.

    The connection string is created as:

    data source=xxxxx.WORLD;persist security info=True;user id=xxxxx 

    When I click Next, I get the message 'The selected connection does not match the selected backend. Please resolve the problem prior to continuing.'

    What am I doing wrong?

    Regards,
    Jonathan
  2. Alexander
    Admin
    Alexander avatar
    727 posts

    Posted 12 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    Hi Jonathan Simmons,

    This problem is already fixed and the fix will be available in the internal build that we are planning to release in a few days. In the meantime please use the following workaround:

     - Select any not-oracle connection that you can create on page one of the wizard;
     - On page two do not select any tables; Click Yes to confirm that you do not want to add any tables to the model; Finish the wizard;
     - Open the App.config file of the project and without changing the connection string name, modify the connection string to the actual Oracle string you want to use. For example:

    <add name="OracleConnection" connectionString="data source=XXX;persist security info=True;user id=YYY;password=ZZZ" providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" />

    Make sure the providerName attribute is set as shown above, this is the ODP.NET client provider.
     - Open the empty .rlinq diagram and with a right-click on the Model Schema Explorer window, open the Update from database dialog; Then you should be able to add your oracle tables to the model and map them to classes by dragging them from the Schema Explorer to the design surface;
    We are sorry for the inconvenience this might be causing.

    Regards,
    Alexander
    the Telerik team

    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Karlkim Suwanmongkol
    Karlkim Suwanmongkol avatar
    41 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2012

    Posted 20 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    FYI, I just downloaded the latest version (2010.1.414), and I still have the same issue. I tried to select all backends in the list, but nothing works. Is there any another work around?

    Thanks,
    Karlkim
  5. Alexander
    Admin
    Alexander avatar
    727 posts

    Posted 21 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    Hi Karlkim Suwanmongkol,

    I am quite sure that this issue is solved in the 2010.1.414 build, we have tests about this problem that were not passing with the old code and now they are. Is it possible that you have not uninstalled the previous version but installed the new one on top of it? In this case there is a possibility of observing such problems.

    Kind regards,
    Alexander
    the Telerik team

    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  6. Jonathan Simmons
    Jonathan Simmons avatar
    108 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2005

    Posted 21 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    Hi, I can confirm that the issue I reported regarding not being able to connect using Oracle OPD.NET when trying to create an OA domain model has been resolved in OA release 2010.1.414.3 (as long as you are not using VS 2010 of course!!!).

    Regards,
    Jonathan

  7. Karlkim Suwanmongkol
    Karlkim Suwanmongkol avatar
    41 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2012

    Posted 21 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    Hi Jonathan and Alexander,
       You're right. I did not uninstall the previous release version first. Everything seems to work fine now with VS 2008 ODP.NET.

    Thanks all for your help!
    Karlkim


Back to Top
DevCraft banner