NullReferenceException when using latest version (2024.1.130) of kendo.custom.min.js

0 Answers 47 Views
Application
AGGELIKI
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
AGGELIKI asked on 29 Feb 2024, 04:50 PM

From https://www.telerik.com/download/custom-download# I tried to download the latest version 2024.1.130 kendo.custom.min.js file in order to upgrade the kendo plugin  from Kendo UI 2022.1.412 version to the latest. 
I use Asp.Net MVC and I have a custom bundler where I reference all the js files like this

bundles.Add(new ScriptBundle("~/bundle/kendo").Include( "~/Scripts/kendo/kendo.custom.min.js"));   

Then in Razor Layout page I register bundles like this

@Scripts.Render("~/bundle/kendo")

but whenever I run the application I always get a NullReferenceException at the line that registers the bundle with the message "No object reference is set to an object instance."

Whenever I downgrade the kendo version or return to the previous one the application runs properly.

Any ideas why is this happening? Would you please help me solve this issue? 

Thanx in Advance.

Anton Mironov
Telerik team
commented on 05 Mar 2024, 11:29 AM

Hi Aggeliki,

Thank you for the details provided. As this is a duplicate of the ticket 1643534 opened in our system, I am pasting my reply here as well. Please keep the communication in one place.

As this is a minified script file, I am not able to debug it, but it will be great if you could share the complete scenario.

Please let me know which components are checked in preparing the file and if the helpers are checked as well.

I will then repeat the flow on my side and will be able to replicate the same behavior on my side.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
Anton Mironov

No answers yet. Maybe you can help?

Tags
Application
Asked by
AGGELIKI
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Share this question
or