Nuget

10 posts, 2 answers
  1. N Mackay
    N Mackay avatar
    228 posts

Posted 12 Sep Link to this post

Hi,

The  Xamarin Forms controls no longer appear in nuget packages to install, even when you select pre-release.

Is there a new server or something? I'm using https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget

Thanks,

Norman.

2. Answer
    Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
    Admin
    Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr. avatar
    138 posts

Posted 12 Sep Link to this post

Hi Norman,

You won't see it in the default list when you select the "Browse" tab. Instead, you need to search for it explicitly. I've attached a screenshot of me performing the search as of a couple minutes ago.

Let me know if searching for Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin still provides no results.

Regards,
    Telerik by Progress
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. N Mackay
    N Mackay avatar
    228 posts

Posted 13 Sep Link to this post

Hi Lance,

Thanks for that, it did appear by default in VS2013 so it caught me out.

How do I get the beta via nuget as the solution supports UWP too?

Thanks,

Norman.

5. Answer
    Admin
    138 posts

Hello Norman,

The package version v2016.3.830.1 is the UI for Xamarin version that includes UWP support. This is what you can see in my previous screenshot.

If you don't see this version, it may be because you are currently referencing an older version. To update, open the version selector dropdown (to the right in the Nuget Package manager) and you'll be able to select "Latest Stable"

Note that is the beta version, the official version is being released this week. Please let me know if you have any further questions or have trouble adding the reference.

Regards,
    Telerik by Progress
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  6. N Mackay
    N Mackay avatar
    228 posts

Hi Lance,

Yep, all working as expected via nuget.

The only issue was it installed the wrong version of v8 renderscript (21.0.0) and the reference goes awol in Droid.

I just uninstalled renderscript and manually installed the correct one (23.3.0) for Forms 2.3.1.

Thanks,

Norman.

7. Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
    Admin
    138 posts

Posted 14 Sep Link to this post

Hi Norman,

A quick update for you, we released UI for Xamarin R3 today (2016.3.914.231).  I'm sorry I couldn't mention it yesterday as this is a public thread. You can pull the latest packages now to replace the deprecated beta. The dependencies remain the same, so it should be a seamless update.

Regards,
    Telerik by Progress
  8. N Mackay
    N Mackay avatar
    228 posts

Posted 15 Sep Link to this post

Thanks Lance.

I applied the release version. The UWP LIstview is light years ahead of the vanilla one in terms of performance and stability..

9. Batikas
    Batikas avatar
    2 posts

Posted 10 Nov Link to this post

Hi Lance,

I just downloaded the trial telerik for xamarin forms and on the nugget - solution page I need some credentials to connect to telerik nugget server! Where can I found the username and the pass?

Thanks

10. Batikas
    Batikas avatar
    2 posts

Posted 10 Nov in reply to Batikas Link to this post

works fine
  11. Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
    Admin
    138 posts

Posted 14 Nov Link to this post

Hi Batikas,

I see my colleague has answered this for you in a simultaneous Support Ticket, but I wanted to reply here so that others in the community can see the answer as well.

The dialog you see uses your Telerik Account's credentials. If you have more than one Telerik Account, be sure to sign in with the one that has a license to UI for Xamarin (trial or dev).

Please let us know if you have any further questions or trouble with UI for Xamarin.

Regards,
    Telerik by Progress
DevCraft banner