This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Notify property changed on clear NumericUpDown

1 Answer 133 Views
NumericUpDown
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bert asked on 08 Mar 2016, 12:39 PM

Hello,
we are using a NumericUpdown and have set UpdateValueEvent to PropertyChanged and UpdateSourceTrigger to PropertyChanged for the binding.

The property is updated for each change which is the normal behavior.
The property is not updated when the content of the NumericUpDown is selected and deleted by pressing the Delete key.
In this case the property is updated as soon as the control loses focus.

What we expect and need is an immediate update of the property since this should be the behavior according to the property settings. 
Any help would be appreciated. We are using version 2015 Q3.

Regards,
Bert

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 09 Mar 2016, 03:17 PM
Hi Bert,

We managed to reproduce this issue and I have logged it in our Feedback Portal, you can track its progress at the following link:
http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/143/Feedback/Details/185812-the-value-of-numericupdown-with-updatevalueevent-set-to-propertychanged-is-not-up

In the meantime, you can work-around it by handling PreviewKeyDown event of the NumericUpDown and explicitly set the value in its handler when the Delete key is pressed. I have attached a sample project to demonstrate the approach, note that I have used our EventToCommandBehavior in order to handle the event in the ViewModel. Please download the attachment and give it a try.

We're sorry for the caused inconvenience, I have updated your points for the report.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
NumericUpDown
Asked by
Bert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team
Share this question
or