It looks like a Navigate statement is not working correctly when inside an IF/ELSE statement.
To reproduce, create a new test, record the following statements and then run the test. The IF clause can be anything as long as the test gets into the ELSE clause.
IF (Wait For <entity> Exists)
Navigate to site.
Behavior is as follows:
1) Test connects to the site successfully but the navigate step hangs after that.
2) In Quick Execute mode, the Quick Debugger window (window that shows the current step executing and buttons to pause, step, etc) disappears after a while but the test does not terminate. I have sometimes seen the word "Failed" very briefly just before this happens.
3) In Test view, the test does not continue (or terminate if the above is the only code in the test) after connecting to the site.
1) This problem is specific to the latest release of Test Studio (2012.1.1411.0). This construct worked without issues in the previous version of Test Studio that we were on (2011.1.825.0).
2) Problem is reproducible against any site - I was able to reproduce it against the Google home page as well as our own Silverlight web application.
3) Navigate works fine if it is not inside an if/else statement.
4) Problem occurs both with a recorded Navigate statement as well as a coded step (call to ActiveBrowser.Navigate).
5) I have not tried this but you may also be able to reproduce the problem if you place the Navigate step inside the IF.
This is a serious issue for us for the following reason:
We have the above construct in almost all of our 100+ shared tests. We need to do this in order to run our shared tests in stand-alone mode - which we need to do in order to debug them (breakpoints in shared tests are not honored when they are called from parent tests). Changing the way we do this is a massive undertaking that we simply do not have the time for at this point. So I am hoping that you will be able to reproduce the problem - and provide a solution/fix pretty quickly.
Let me know if you need further information. I hope to hear from you soon.