This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

MultiColumnComboBox filtering Q2 2010 Example

3 Answers 103 Views
MultiColumn ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dennis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dennis asked on 20 Sep 2010, 07:26 PM
Does anyone have an example of how to use a MultiColumnComboBox with RadControls for WinForms 2010 Q2?  I can't seem to find an example in the demos that came with it and I'm not able to get it working.  My code is posted below.  Basically my grid (the comboelement if I'm reading correctly) never displays.  The first value in the datatable displays in the text box but no grid shows up.  I can press the down arrow and the value changes but still never displays.  Can anyone help me?

//set up data

Data objData = new Data();

DataTable dtCarriers = objData.GetCarriers();

bindingSource1.DataSource = dtCarriers;

//setup drop down grid display options

rmccbCarrier.AutoSizeDropDownToBestFit =

true;

rmccbCarrier.DisplayMember =

"CARRIER_CODE";

RadMultiColumnComboBoxElement multiColumnComboElement = this.rmccbCarrier.MultiColumnComboBoxElement;

multiColumnComboElement.DropDownSizingMode =

SizingMode.UpDownAndRightBottom;

multiColumnComboElement.DropDownMinSize =

new Size(420, 300);

this.rmccbCarrier.MultiColumnComboBoxElement.AutoCompleteMode = AutoCompleteMode.None;

this.rmccbCarrier.DropDownStyle = RadDropDownStyle.DropDown;

FilterDescriptor descriptor = new FilterDescriptor(this.rmccbCarrier.DisplayMember, FilterOperator.StartsWith, string.Empty);

this.rmccbCarrier.EditorControl.FilterDescriptors.Add(descriptor);

this.rmccbCarrier.DropDownStyle = RadDropDownStyle.DropDown;

rmccbCarrier.AutoFilter =

true;

rmccbCarrier.MultiColumnComboBoxElement.AutoCompleteMode =

AutoCompleteMode.None;

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svett
Telerik team
answered on 23 Sep 2010, 12:26 PM
Hello Dennis,

You can read more about the RadMultiColumnComboBox in the online documentation. In addition, you can take a look at the RadMultiColumnComboBox example in the Examples application supplied with RadControls for Winforms.

Kind regards,
Svett
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
MP
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Sep 2010, 06:13 PM
I faced the same problem and found that I have to set the IsFilterEditor = true for the filter to work.

Regards,
MP
Svett
Telerik team
answered on 05 Oct 2010, 05:07 PM
Hello MP,

Yes, your are right. If you want to make a concrete filter to appear in the filter cell, you should set the IsFilterEditor property to true.

We are working on updating the documentation of RadGridView. It will be available in the upcoming Q3 2010. 

All the best,
Svett
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
MultiColumn ComboBox
Asked by
Dennis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svett
Telerik team
MP
Top achievements
Rank 1