Mono Support

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Luciano
    Luciano avatar
    1 posts

Posted 05 Jan 2012 Link to this post

Hi, how is the current support for mono platform of the asp.net àjax web controls? Are currently supported? Which version should i use? What version should i use? The one for 2.0 framework?

Thanks    
  2. jumpstart
    jumpstart avatar
    479 posts

Posted 09 Jan 2012 Link to this post

Luciano:

The Overview documentation page in the "Integrating RadControls in Mono" folder details Telerik's current support for Mono development.

Hope this helps!
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Carlitos
    Carlitos avatar
    18 posts

Posted 08 Apr Link to this post

Hi, 

It's now 2016! Would like to know what is supported in Mono. I am interested in web only. I think Mono for the wincontrols will never happen but have hi hope for the web controls. Please advice.

Thanks, 

Carlos

5. Maria Ilieva
    Admin
    Maria Ilieva avatar
    4017 posts

Posted 13 Apr Link to this post

Hello Carlitos,

Currently we do not officially support and test our RadControls for ASP.Net AJAX on non-Microsoft Platforms. Therefore we do not rpovide support for Mono. Excuse us for any inconvenience this may lead.

Kind regards,
    Maria Ilieva
    the Telerik team

If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now

6. Carlitos
    Carlitos avatar
    18 posts

Posted 02 Aug in reply to Maria Ilieva Link to this post

Hi 

I just realized that Xamarin and Mono are now part of Microsoft according to this: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/welcoming-the-xamarin-team-to-microsoft

Any news on what Telerik will be doing towards Mono?

Thanks,

Carlitos

7. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12846 posts

Posted 03 Aug Link to this post

Hello Carlitos,

Thank you for your interesting question.

For cross platform .NET development we support ASP.NET Core with Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC.
    For Xamarin, we offer Telerik UI for Xamarin.

For the time being we do not plan to support Mono through an UI components suite.

Kind regards,
    Rumen
    Telerik by Progress
    Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017