I've attached a mega menu example in the pictures below where the only thing I changed between the "Good" and the "Bad" was the "Display Intranet Sites in Compatibility Mode".
Basically when compatibility mode gets in the way the display of the menu gets completely messed up. Has anyone else had this problem / fixed it? The menu is part of a master page - which seems to drive the problem somewhat too - the master page was the generated single menu one that Telerik supplies.
The solution – according to the web – is to force IE to
display using the latest engine (EDGE) by doing the following with the
<add name="X-UA-Compatible" value="IE=Edge" />
Or you can do the following in each page:
http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />
Unfortunately in the environment I'm in – neither of those solutions
accomplishes the objective – the application stays in compatibility mode either
way – at least when a master page is involved.
I've noticed that the radGrid gets messed up to - the columns don't resize correctly. Plus the fonts get messed up somewhat when compatibility mode is engaged.