Thank you for contacting us.
First of all I want to thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. The gantt was a very sought after contro, that none of our direct competitors have to offer. We really wanted to get it out as soon as we could, so that we can gather as much feedback from our customers as we can. That's why the control is marked as beta, because we are still implementing much of the functionality. We have a ServicePack coming on July 23th, where much of the issues have been already fixed.
Now let's get right to your specific questions:
1. We will investigate the calendar issues and will fix them for the next official release.
2. The nature of the treelist portion of the gantt is to have only cell editing, unlike the Grid where you can have row edit. Since we can't determine if you are goint to edit the EndTime after the start, we cannot leave an invalid duration. What we can do, and we will investigate this path, is when you move the start past the end, to move the end as well as to preserve the duration of the task.
3. Due to the complicated nature of the Gantt and its relations (resizing a child task should resize the parent as well), we decided to focus only on binding through a provider, so that we can make sure that all tasks are updated accordingly, leaving only the implementation of the CRUD operations themselves to the developer. In doing that we were also able to reduce the VIewState footprint of the control to near zero, since it doesn't store any task or dependencies in viewstate. However we will investigate the option to bind the gantt programmatically.
4. With the service pack we fixed the delete functionality, so that you can select a task in the TreeList portion of the control and press the delete key, and it will be deleted. You don't have to select it in the Timeline(calendar) portion first. For the time being we are not thinking of adding templated and command columns however, since in our research we didn't find such functionality in other gantt charts.
5. The delete as stated above can be done by pressing the Delete key when a task is selected. Could you elaborate on this question "Also, there is no way to modify a single day task from the calendar."
6. With the service pack we modified the binding mechanism, so that now it's not required to provide a dependency datasource. You can only bind the gantt to a tasks datasource. Furthermore we now require only the ID, Start, End and Title fields in order to bind the gantt, so that you can bind it to a wider array of datasources.
7. This problem should be fixed in the service pack.
8. ColumnResize is on our ToDo list for the Q3 release.
9. All the buttons, views and messages in the Gantt are localizable, as you can see in the following demo:
You can also assign the label directly through the Localization-Append
10. We will research the possibility of adding a slot selection functionality, which will allow inserting a task in a predefined slot. However in our research we couldn't find a gantt chart that offered such functionality. If you have an example, please send us a link.
11. Printing, Export to PDF, as well as Export/Import to XML (in the MS Project format) will be included in the Q3 release.
12. Dependencies can be deleted by selecting them with the mouse and pressing the delete key.
We will also add a delete confirmation prompt for the Q3 release.
Hope I was able to answer your questions. If you have any comments, I'll be glad to hear back from you.
Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.