Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC Q2 2013 Wrappers aspnetmvc Examples not updating remote data

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. allan
    allan avatar
    2 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2013 Link to this post

I'm playing with the Examples code particularly the Grid widget. I have modified the connectionstring to point to a remote SQL Server 2008 R2 database. It's reading the data remotely but when I try the Add or Edit on either of the Grid editing samples (Batch, Popup), it does not persists the update on the remote database. I noticed that it's using Session and it's only updating the Session data. Is this the behaviour of the Examples code?

I wanted to see an end to end code that updates the remote database.

2. Answer
    allan avatar
    2 posts

Posted 09 Oct 2013 Link to this post

Figured it out now.
  3. UI for ASP.NET AJAX banner
  4. Matt
    Matt avatar
    4 posts

Posted 23 Oct 2013 Link to this post

Wow, that was a helpful follow-up.  
  5. Alan
    Alan avatar
    7 posts

Posted 27 Dec 2013 Link to this post

Just in case it helps someone else;

I found that the AuthorizeAttribute is causing my issue.
    I have a Controller wide [Authorize] at the top of the class to ensure all calls are by authorised users; I also have Role specific attributes on some of the ActionResult methods; i.e. [Authorize(Roles="RoleName")] - these worked with Kendo in VS 2010 and MVC4 but they cause a 401 error in VS2013 with MVC5.
    I have the application running without those role specific attributes and the kendo grid is working correctly.

There is a major shift in Identity and Role Management in VS 2013 MVC5 but, as far as I can see those attributes should still work.

Any ideas to fix this would be appreciated as I need to use role based functionality
UI for ASP.NET AJAX banner