We've released the new version of JustTrace. It is a faster, prettier and more stable (and we put some tasty new features) but it has some known issues. Please check them out bellow:
1. When stand-alone UI is running under .Net 4 runtime, search box is disabled. To work-around this, use .Net 3.5 sp1 runtime. The Visual Studio 2010 add-in is not affected.
2. When JustTrace and JustMock are installed, whichever addin loads first disables the other. To work-around, manually enable JustTrace from Telerik -> JustTrace -> Enable JustTrace menu
3. [Windows limitation] If you are running JustTrace on Windows Vista or later and the download process through our auto update manager freezes without notifying you, you should check your network and Internet connectivity.
4. The data window in Visual Studio might appear empty when you use JustTrace for the first time. You will need to restart Visual Studio to fix this.
5. [Visual Studio 11 limitation] Visual Studio 11 Beta has changed the way it loads the Add-ins. Now they are loaded only per-user. Due to this change, the JustTrace installation will automatically integrate the product Add-in only for the account of the user who started the MSI file. If the machine is used with many user accounts, every other account must manually install the Add-in. To do this, go to Visual Studio 11\ Tools\ Options\ Add-in Security and add the Libraries folder of the respective product. Usually it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\JustTrace\Libraries. After that, restart Visual Studio for the changes to take effect. Or, alternatively, go to Tools\ Add-in manager ... and check the box of JustTrace.
6. If the OS on which you are working has UAC set to Default, JustTrace elevates to Admin mode on its own. If you run .NET 4 application but not in elevated mode, and you attach to it while running in order to profile it with JustTrace you will get data in the snapshots but there won't be any data in the Live Data view.
7. For now, Memory profiler requires a lot of virtual address space (or simply memory) to create snapshots for large applications. Visual Studio is a 32-bit process and is limited to just 2 GB of virtual address space. If you have to profile large applications, consider using the stand-alone version of JustTrace under 64-bit Windows.
The Telerik team