This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

JustMock integration with Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate Update 1

12 Answers 205 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
kaczmar2
Top achievements
Rank 1
kaczmar2 asked on 18 Dec 2012, 10:42 PM
Has there been any reported instability with JustMock installed with Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate Update 1 on WIndows 7 x64?  I have installed the evaluation version of JustMock on two separate installations of VS 2012 and continuously get IntelliTrace.exe errors, causing Visual Studio to lock up and become unusable.

Please advise of any workarounds.

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 19 Dec 2012, 08:19 AM
Hi Christian,

Thank you for reaching Telerik support.

I must object that, there is a known issue concerning the integration of JustMock with VS2012. Can you confirm that the IntellTrace processes are spawning right after you use the "Analyze Code Coverage" feature of VS2012? If this is the case, I should note that, our development team is currently working on this matter and a fix for it should be supplied in one of the releases during the beginning of 2013. Unfortunately, the only workaround I could offer, is to disable JustMock before analyzing the code coverage and to re-enable it again when you need its profiler. This will prevent the lock up of your machine but it is highly possible for the VS code analyzer to not show correct results.

However, we are releasing JustMock Q3 SP1 this week which will include a lot of other bug fixes and support for some 3rd party coverage tools (like NCover, dotCover, OpenCover, etc). 

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team
Share what you think about JustTrace & JustMock with us, so we can become even better! You can use the built-in feedback tool inside JustTrace, our forums, or our JustTrace or JustMock portals.
kaczmar2
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Dec 2012, 04:07 PM
I saw the error as soon as I added the JustMock reference to my unit test project and built the solution.  I did not turn on or run code coverage analysis for the unit tests.

After I built the project, VS 2012 would become unresponsive, spawning hundreds of IntelliTrace processes, until the system was low on memory and became unresponsive.

Let me try to get a more specific set of repro steps for you and report back.
Mihail
Telerik team
answered on 19 Dec 2012, 04:32 PM
Hello Christian,

I am sorry to hear that you have problems with JustMock. While JustMock is compatible with some third party profilers, it is still incompatible with many others including IntelliTrace (it uses profiling API internally). We are aware of this issue and we are working hard to fix it. The next major JustMock release (expected in February 2013) will be compatible with IntelliTrace and other profilers (both performance and coverage tools).

As a workaround I would suggest to disable IntelliTrace. You can do it from TOOLS->Options->IntelliTrace menu.

Greetings,
Mihail
the Telerik team
Share what you think about JustTrace & JustMock with us, so we can become even better! You can use the built-in feedback tool inside JustTrace, our forums, or our JustTrace or JustMock portals.
Steffen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jan 2013, 01:42 PM
Hi,
is this issue fixed with the current release? Q3 2012 SP3 (version 2012.3.1330.12)

Best regards
Steffen
Mihail
Telerik team
answered on 01 Feb 2013, 08:52 AM
Hi Christian,

The latest JustMock release has improved Visual Studio 2012 compatibility. Please note that we still don't have support for Visual Studio 2012 coverage profiler. The good news is that now JustMock has support for dotTrace, dotCover and NCover. And we work actively to add support for Visual Studio 2012 coverage profiler as well.

Please download the latest version and give it a try.

Kind regards,
Mihail
the Telerik team
Allen
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Apr 2013, 12:30 PM
I am using Q1 2013 and am having an issue with this as well.  I didn't know this was an issue and happen to run code coverage. It crashed my virtual machine by dozens of constant "ItelliTrace.exe" errors ("A new guard page for the stack cannot be created.").  It took me quite a while to realize it was a JustMock issue.  However, to get around the issue, I turn off the profiler before running a code coverage. Will there be a hotfix for this or will this wait until Q2 2013?
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 04 Apr 2013, 03:09 PM
Hello Allen,

We have established communication with the Visual Studio Code Coverage team in order to find solution.

You will be notified as soon as a fix is included in one of the future JustMock releases. Unfortunately, I must note, this could be delayed even past Q2 2013.

Currently, the only workaround is to disable JustMock and then analyze your code coverage. Just as you have stated. However, disabling our profiler will fail all of the elevated tests in the solution and the coverage could be incorrect.

Thank you for the understanding.

Greetings,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jun 2013, 11:30 AM
Hi,

I am glad to announce, since our latest Internal Build (JustMock_2013.2.624) JustMock fully integrates with Visual Studio 2012 Code Coverage.

The only thing you will need to do is to start the Telerik JustMock Configuration tool (included in the JustMock package) and select the desired profiler. This should let you run JustMock along with the VS2012 Code Coverage or any other 3rd party profiler.

I should note that, you will also need to have Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 installed in order to avoid the bug with the IntelliTrace processes.

As this is an internal build, any feedback about it will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2013, 01:29 AM
Is there any way for us to get access to this internal build, and if not when can we expect a public build to include this fix?
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2013, 07:30 AM
Hi Sean,

We are going to release the Q3 2013 Service Pack 1 build of JustMock later today.

You can find the Internal Builds in your Telerik account downloads. Go to the "Latest Internal Builds" tab (not the "Trials" tab) in "Products & Subscriptions" after logging to your Telerik account. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Todor
Telerik
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2014, 05:27 PM
Does this work with Visual Studio 2013 as well?

We are considering upgrading to Visual Studio 2013, so I'd like to know if this works before we upgrade.
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jun 2014, 10:55 AM
Hi Christian,

I am glad to say that, since version 2013 Q3, JustMock fully integrates inside Visual Studio 2013. This is also said here.

I hope this helps. Please, let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
kaczmar2
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
kaczmar2
Top achievements
Rank 1