This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Just Code intellisense in VS2013

4 Answers 103 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
David asked on 14 Nov 2013, 02:13 AM

Just Code took out intellisense in VS2013.  In code behind the intellisense could not pick up xaml controls.  Reset options on VS2013, with no luck.  The fix: uninstall then reinstall Just Code.

I had Just Code install before installing VS2013.  I just did an update to Just Code.

Just a tip for anybody that runs into this.  So far I really like VS2013, can not wait until the go ahead to upgrade at work.

Update: Nov 14,2013, problem came back again.

David

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2013, 02:11 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback.
This is something new to us.
Would you check if you have this setting turned on?

JustCode strives to interact as less as possible with VS IntelliSense and any interruption to its functionality is strange.

Can you provide any steps that will help us to reproduce the issue?
What is the type of project and framework version that you are using?
Thanks.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik
Share what you think about JustCode with us, so we can help you even better! You can use the built-in feedback tool inside JustCode, our forum, or our JustCode feedback portal.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Nov 2013, 12:54 AM

I was going through the Hello World example on MSDN to learn Windows Apps at  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/windows/apps/hh986965

Just Code will work fine for a while then start acting up where intellisense would not recognize any xaml controls in the code behind.   I turn off Just Code for 2013 using the telerik control panel then fire VS2013 back up, everything works for a while then the problem comes back again.

Yes show completion list after a character is typed is turn on.

Framework is 4.5, windows store app.

David

Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 20 Nov 2013, 01:40 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for the additional information.
Here is what I found.
I made WinStore application and tried to reproduce your issue. Added some controls and tried to access them from the code behind. Then I found the indeed the Intellisense can't complete them.
In order to check that JustCode is not the culprit I disabled it from JustCode > Help menu.
No intellisense again.
I continued to work over the application and at some point Intellisense started working as expected. Turned on JustCode which didn't prevent the auto completion. Restarted the solution and again everything was fine.
My conclusion is that this is a VS issue and JustCode has nothing in common with it.
Thanks.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik
Share what you think about JustCode with us, so we can help you even better! You can use the built-in feedback tool inside JustCode, our forum, or our JustCode feedback portal.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Nov 2013, 10:43 PM

Thanks for checking.  I also did not know you can disable Just Code from the Help menu, that will come in handily. 

David 

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Zdravko
Telerik team
David
Top achievements