This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

jQuery?

3 Answers 124 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
joshuarivers
Top achievements
Rank 2
joshuarivers asked on 13 Aug 2009, 12:55 AM
I'm confused about the wording of the announcement.  "Based on jQuery" is touted as a feature...which I would think is a good thing, since jQuery is getting so much interest and support from around the web. But then you say you're going to remove the jQuery support in the next version?

The release seems to say: "We used jQuery to get this done fast, but we're going to get rid of it as soon as we possibly can, because we don't like it."

Can you make a clearer statement?

Thanks!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2009, 05:12 AM
Hello joshuarivers,

We will never get rid of jQuery. We will stop to enhance and support the jQuery UI component library which is based on jQuery UI. The latter is not the same as jQuery. It is an extension widget library based on jQuery for which we have provided server-side MVC-aware wrappers.

I hope this helps,
Atanas Korchev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Social_Quotient
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Aug 2009, 12:36 AM
Why get rid of jquery ui, that was a good step in the right direction and I can "roll my own". This also helps to put telerik inside very normal systems that already use jquery ui for the ui/skin.

Can you be more detailed on the reason to not use it?

Thanks
John
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 14 Aug 2009, 05:30 AM
Hi,

The jQuery UI component library is just a sample project - proof of concept for our server-side library. We never intended to release it as an officially supported product. Still the project will continue to be available with full source code.

As we develop our own components we will migrate the skins from the ASP.NET Ajax suite which are not compatible with jQuery UI. Porting those skins asjQuery UI themes will not be an easy task.

Regards,
Atanas Korchev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
joshuarivers
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
Social_Quotient
Top achievements
Rank 1