Issues With the Device Simulator After the AppBuilder 2.5 Update

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Telerik Admin
    Telerik Admin avatar
    1679 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2004

    Posted 15 Sep 2014 Link to this post

    The AppBuilder 2.5 update introduced a number of issues in the device simulator that affect the Windows client and the AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio. Currently, we have identified the following issues:

    • Incorrect rendering of HTML elements, which open up a popup on the screen, such as but not limited to ComboBoxes (<select>s) and Calendars
    • Incorrect rendering of CSS transitions
    • Difficulties working with the Kendo UI Drawer widget (caused by the incorrect rendering of CSS transitions).

    Our team is actively working on providing a fix for these issues in the shortest term possible. In the meantime, you can use the device simulator in the in-browser client or run your app on a physical device or in the native emulators.

    Please stay tuned for more information.
  2. Paul-Henri
    Paul-Henri avatar
    14 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2014

    Posted 18 Sep 2014 in reply to Telerik Admin Link to this post

    Hi There,

    Any updates?

    Regards.

     

  3. Tina Stancheva
    Admin
    Tina Stancheva avatar
    3298 posts

    Posted 19 Sep 2014 Link to this post

    Hi all,

    The hotfix is out and the device simulator issues are addressed. Check out the full list of included fixes in our documentation.

    Regards,
    Tina Stancheva
    Telerik
     

    Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

     
  4. mchehab
    mchehab avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2014

    Posted 20 Sep 2014 in reply to Tina Stancheva Link to this post

    Hi Tina,

    I have updated the app Builder plugin for VS and ran the simulator, however the problems are still there. The drop down opens but after a couple of seconds, & the drawer opens as well however after a very small amount of time as well. I'm I missing something?
  5. Tina Stancheva
    Admin
    Tina Stancheva avatar
    3298 posts

    Posted 22 Sep 2014 Link to this post

    Hello Nawar,

    I was not able to reproduce such an issue on our side and we haven't seen such a report after the hotfix release. However, an AppBuilder upgrade doesn't clear the device simulator cache on your machine and there might be something incorrectly saved in it. Can you therefore please clear the content of the cache - it should be available under the %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Cache directory.

    If this doesn't help can you please send us the logs of the AppBuilder extension for VisualStudio. They are saved in the %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Logs folder. If they don't cintain any errors or exceptions, we would also need to have a look at your project and test its behavior locally.

    Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

    Regards,
    Tina Stancheva
    Telerik
     

    Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

     
  6. mchehab
    mchehab avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2014

    Posted 22 Sep 2014 in reply to Tina Stancheva Link to this post

    Hi Tina,

    I have done this yesterday and suddenly its working again :). Thank you for you answer!! 
Back to Top