This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issue with Telerik version 2013.1.403.40

1 Answer 80 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sumit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sumit asked on 15 Mar 2016, 03:27 PM

Earlier I was using the telerik.web.ui.dll with version 2009.2.826.35,after that i upgraded my dll with version 2013.1.403.40.The issue i am facing is with Telerik RadDatePicker. In the previous version i select the date from the calender and that comes under the "SelectedDate" property.After this i was doing _dopostback event in the .net and after postback i was getting the same value in the "SelectedDate" property.

But with the Version 2013.1.403.40,after "_dopostback" event the "SelectedDate" is coming as null and the entered Date is coming under the property "InvalidTextBoxValue".

My code is like :

The Calender Control :

<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="cldDueDate" DateInput-TabIndex="6" DateInput-DateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy" 
DateInput-EmptyMessage="MM/DD/YYYY" CssClass="RegularText" Width="110px" runat="server">
</telerik:RadDatePicker>

function ValidateReleaseTransaction(vDate) {
     if (confirm(' Please check the date ' + vDate + ' Do You Want to Proceed?'))
        __doPostBack('lnkReleaseTransaction', '');
}

protected void lnkReleaseTransaction_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        try
        {
           string DUEDATE = cldDueDate.SelectedDate == null ? cldDueDate.DateInput.Text.Trim() :               Convert.ToDateTime(cldDueDate.SelectedDate).ToString("MM/dd/yyyy");
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        { JSMessage(ex.Message); }
    }

I am using the UpdatePanel

that after the _dopostback event of .net the selectedValue of RadDatePicker

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2016, 01:39 PM
Hello,

I would recommend you replace the __doPostBack method with ajaxRequestWithTarget() method of RadAjax and see it it works as expected:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/controls/ajax/client-side-programming/overview

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sumit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Share this question
or