As we're setting up a new dev server atm, one of the first thing was trying to get the html 5 report viewer to work.
We started with newest softwares and libraries and therefore it wasn't much of a problem setting up a blank, new web site and adding the necessary stuff for the html 5 viewer and it seem to almost work perfect.
Almost, because where in the test project on my local pc where expand/collapse (+/-) images (SampleReport) is now some kind of arrow up in chrome and nothing in IE (see image attached).
Too, in Chrome I get 404 - not found errors for the images:
GET http://...../api/reports/clients/163505-14ea/instances/155744-0f00/documents/163505-973f163505-89ba/resources/Resources.Expand.png 404 (Not Found)
GET http://...../api/reports/clients/163505-14ea/instances/155744-0f00/documents/163505-973f163511-b5a0/resources/Resources.Collapse.png 404 (Not Found)
GET http://...../api/reports/clients/163505-14ea/instances/155744-0f00/documents/163505-973f163511-b5a0/resources/Resources.Expand.png 404 (Not Found)
I tought it might be the problem that I copied the viewer from version 8 (Q3 I guess) but am using reporting 9 Q1 on the dev server. So I did the upgrade wizard but it didn't help (it did upgrade the viewer's files but it didn't solve the issue). I then did the upgrade wizard on my local machine too to update from v8, probably q3 (where everything worked fine before, especially the expand/collapes images) to q1 15 and what happens? On my local machine now I have the same strange behaviour. It seems that with v9 "some output" has changed...?!?
On Dev server I have WebApi 5.2.3 and tried Newtonsoft.Json 6.0.4 and 6.0.8. On my local machine I have WebApi 5.2.2 and Newtonsoft.Json 6.0.6. So there shouldn't be the problem as everything worked fine there before updating to reporting v9.
I too tried another report (Dashboard) with diagram images in it on the dev server which works fine too.
P.S. I noticed a change in the expand/collapse image path between reporting v8 and v9. Just to mention it.
Therefore I tried the failing image path in the browser and figured out what appears and "how far" I can go... I can until (and with) the id after .../documents where I see an exception trace (http://wm4.webmembers.ch/api/reports/clients/163505-14ea/instances/155744-0f00/documents/163505-973f163505-89ba/).
Everything further give me a 404 error and anything less far gives me:
<Error><Message>The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'.</Message></Error>
I don't know what of all is working exactly and what's not but up to now it seems that this is the only thing which doesn't work right.
Thanks for any tipps and infos!