Install Problem

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Mike
    Mike avatar
    31 posts

Posted 20 Nov 2011 Link to this post

I tried today to install Just Code to continue my evaluation . I installed it as normal , when I started VS 2010 there was no menu item , it didn't appear in the VS About window, no sign  of it ...

In Control Panel> Add and remove programs its there but not in VS 2010

Any thoughts ?

My only 2 major changes I have made are to upgrade 2 other add ins ,
    • R# 6->  6.1 EAP and
    • Codesmith 6 Release Candidate.

I have had all 3 active in original versions previously with no obvious problems . I have disabled R# , rebooted and all soerts but the Just Code menu item simply isn't there

It almost as if it didn't register with VS 2010

This is the Q3 internal release build 11.3.1020.1 , released 3-4 weeks ago .

2. Mike
    Mike avatar
    31 posts

Posted 22 Nov 2011 Link to this post

tried again BUT No

found this in the log files

SILENT 2011-11-20 13:04:41.211 : Framework Version:4.0.30319.225
    ERROR 2011-11-20 13:04:41.233 :  [HResult: 80070057]
    System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
       at Telerik.JustCode.Common.AssemblyLocator.Init() in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\Common\AssemblyLocator.cs:line 29
       at Telerik.JustCode.JustCode.Initialize() in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\JustCode\JustCode.cs:line 84
    Log Site Stacktrace:
       at Telerik.JustCode.Common.Logging.ExceptionInfo.GetExceptionString(Exception ex) in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\Logging\ExceptionInfo.cs:line 91
       at Telerik.JustCode.Common.Logging.LogService.LogException(Exception ex, String message) in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\Logging\LogService.cs:line 108
       at Telerik.JustCode.Common.Logging.LogService.LogException(Exception ex) in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\Logging\LogService.cs:line 73
       at Telerik.JustCode.Common.Logger.LogException(Exception ex) in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\Logging\Logger.cs:line 104
       at Telerik.JustCode.JustCode.Initialize() in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\JustCode\JustCode.cs:line 16777215
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsPackage.SetSite(IServiceProvider sp)
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Mike
    Mike avatar
    31 posts

Posted 24 Nov 2011 Link to this post

And the response was deafening .....

5. Ivo Bratoev
    Ivo Bratoev avatar
    107 posts

Posted 30 Nov 2011 Link to this post

Hello Mike,

I apologize for the late response.
    I am sorry to hear about your issues with JustCode. There are several things you can try:
    1. I suggest you get the latest official JustCode release (Q3 2011).
    2. It might be caused by incompatibility with your other extensions. You can try to uninstall them because sometimes even if disabled they might interfere.
    3. If the the above solutions doesn't work, please create a support ticket and send us your logs from "%localappdata%\JustCode\Logs".

Ivo Bratoev
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>