This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to show Zoom Percentage Selection in ReportViewer WebForms Q3 2014?

3 Answers 253 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rafa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rafa asked on 29 Dec 2014, 06:36 AM
Hi,

How to show Zoom Percentage Selection in ReportViewer WebForms Q3 2014? There is a property ShowZoomSelect but it is now deprecated. So what is the new equivalent property for this and how to use it?

Thanks & Regards,
Rafa

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 29 Dec 2014, 10:15 AM
Hello Rafa,

The Zoom feature of the Reporting ASP.NET ReportViewer is obsolete as it is dependent on a specific IE plugin and our aim is to be cross-browser compatible.

If you need such functionality, please test switching to the new HTML5 ReportViewer which is served by our Reporting REST service. The viewer can be scaled through its scaleMode options. You can find examples in our local demos, installed by default under C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q3 2014\Examples.
More details how to use the HTML5 Report Viewer are available in this forum thread and the HTML5 Report Viewer browser support article.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Rafa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Dec 2014, 01:33 AM
Hi Stef,

I've tried using HTML5 ReportViewer and the layout is awesome. But does it must use .trdx as a report source? can't I use .vb (which designed using VS Report Designer) ? 
Why I can't use ObjectDataSource for .trdx report?

Regards,
Rafa
Rafa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Dec 2014, 03:19 AM
Hi, 

I manage to use .vb report as a reportSource for HTML5 ReportViewer instead of using .trdx  by setting
report :“Fully.Qualified.Class.Name, ReportingAssemblyName”

reportSource: {
    report:“Fully.Qualified.Class.Name, ReportingAssemblyName”,

parameters: {
        param1: "param1",
    }
},

It actually as simple as that, just lack an example. Anyway, It solve my whole problem. Thanks!

Regards,
Rafa
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Rafa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Rafa