How to show Zoom Percentage Selection in ReportViewer WebForms Q3 2014?

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. Rafa
    Rafa avatar
    11 posts

Posted 29 Dec 2014 Link to this post

Hi,

How to show Zoom Percentage Selection in ReportViewer WebForms Q3 2014? There is a property ShowZoomSelect but it is now deprecated. So what is the new equivalent property for this and how to use it?

Thanks & Regards,
    Rafa
  2. Answer
    Stef
    Admin
    Stef avatar
    3050 posts

Posted 29 Dec 2014 Link to this post

Hello Rafa,

The Zoom feature of the Reporting ASP.NET ReportViewer is obsolete as it is dependent on a specific IE plugin and our aim is to be cross-browser compatible.

If you need such functionality, please test switching to the new HTML5 ReportViewer which is served by our Reporting REST service. The viewer can be scaled through its scaleMode options. You can find examples in our local demos, installed by default under C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q3 2014\Examples.
    More details how to use the HTML5 Report Viewer are available in this forum thread and the HTML5 Report Viewer browser support article.

Regards,
    Stef
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

3. DevCraft banner
  4. Rafa
    Rafa avatar
    11 posts

Posted 30 Dec 2014 in reply to Stef Link to this post

Hi Stef,

I've tried using HTML5 ReportViewer and the layout is awesome. But does it must use .trdx as a report source? can't I use .vb (which designed using VS Report Designer) ? 
    Why I can't use ObjectDataSource for .trdx report?

Regards,
    Rafa
  5. Rafa
    Rafa avatar
    11 posts

Posted 30 Dec 2014 in reply to Rafa Link to this post

Hi, 

I manage to use .vb report as a reportSource for HTML5 ReportViewer instead of using .trdx  by setting
    report :“Fully.Qualified.Class.Name, ReportingAssemblyName”

reportSource: {
        report:“Fully.Qualified.Class.Name, ReportingAssemblyName”,

parameters: {
            param1: "param1",
        }
    },

It actually as simple as that, just lack an example. Anyway, It solve my whole problem. Thanks!

Regards,
    Rafa