We have around 5000 rows of data to be displayed on Silverlight RadGrid on a page and we want that to be displayed on a single page without any pagination. Since the amount of rows are quite large, we would like to use the concept of virtual scrolling in RadGrid so that limited number of rows is visible at a time and as the user scrolls down the grid, new rows keeps on appearing at the bottom.
I looked into the telerik demos and forums for this, but didn't find any working example to implement the same. I would like to request the community to please share a sample code with me that depicts the working and implementation of this concept.
In a nutshell, I'm looking for these things:
- Working code/example of implementing virtual scrolling. This includes both xaml and xaml.cs code.
- Link of any online resource available for this concept.
- Can we govern how many rows will be visible initially when the grid loads?
- Any disadvantage of virtual scrolling in terms of performance of the Silverlight page?
- Any alternate ways available to acheive what I'm looking for?
I would really appreciate your timely response on this. Please let me know if you need more details around this.