HELP - Tileview content problem

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Chitra Krishnan
    Chitra Krishnan avatar
    16 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2009

    Posted 14 Jan 2010 Link to this post

    Hi Team,

    I am using telerik Q3 2009 version Tileview.
    I have 6 tileviewitems -4 having tabcontrols 
                                       2 having controls without tabcontrols. I have used the fluidcontrol threshold values as given in the tielview demo.
    The issue is that when i go to normal state from large view some of the tileview items goes blank without any content.
    I have used the theshold values exactly the same as given in the demo.Also sometimes the controls without the tabcontrol goes enormously bigger that it does not fit inside the tileview.

    Please help me out to solve the issue as we are nearing project completion.

    Chitra K

  2. Valentin.Stoychev
    Valentin.Stoychev avatar
    2198 posts

    Posted 15 Jan 2010 Link to this post

    Hello Chitra Krishnan,

    We will need a project in order to help you with this.

    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Deva
    Deva avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    May 2009

    Posted 18 Nov 2010 Link to this post

    Hi Chitra,
    I am facing the same problem. Do you get solution, if yes can you forward me or explain me here?
  5. abhishek
    abhishek avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2010

    Posted 18 Nov 2010 Link to this post

    Hi Valentin,
    I have Rad TileView and a Rad GridView placed in that TileView. When i load data into the Grid, the TileView get disappear.

    Here my code,
    <telerik:RadTileViewItem TileState="Restored" Style="{StaticResource RadTileViewItemStyle}" HeaderTemplate="{StaticResource TileViewItemHeader1Template}">
                            <telerik:RadFluidContentControl x:Name="ContentControl1" State="Normal" ContentChangeMode="Manual">
                                    <telerik:RadGridView Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1" Width="350" Height="350" HorizontalContentAlignment="Stretch" VerticalContentAlignment="Stretch"
                        Name="gridDetails" Visibility="Collapsed"
                        ScrollViewer.HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Auto" ScrollViewer.VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Auto"
                        ItemsSource="{Binding observableInvoiceDetails}" ScrollMode="Deferred"
                        Margin="5" CanUserDeleteRows="False" CanUserInsertRows="False" CanUserSelect="False" UseLayoutRounding="True">
                            <Style TargetType="telerik:GridViewRow">
                                <Setter Property="MinHeight" Value="40"/>
                            <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Product Group" IsGroupable="False" IsFilterable="False" DataMemberBinding="{Binding PRODUCT_GROUP_NAME}" />
                            <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Product" IsGroupable="False" IsFilterable="False" DataMemberBinding="{Binding PRODUCT_NAME}" />
                            <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Object Identification" IsGroupable="False" IsFilterable="False" DataMemberBinding="{Binding OBJECT_IDENTIFICATION}" />
                            <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Cost Type" IsGroupable="False" IsFilterable="False" DataMemberBinding="{Binding COST_TYPE}" />
                            <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="State" IsGroupable="False" IsFilterable="False" DataMemberBinding="{Binding STATE}" />
                            <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Amount" IsGroupable="False" IsFilterable="False" DataMemberBinding="{Binding AMOUNT}" />
    Code Behind:
    gridDetails.ItemsSource = invoiceContext.InvoiceDetailsResults;
                    invoiceContext.Load(invoiceContext.GetInvoiceDetailsQuery(_incomingInvoiceId.Value, filter.ToString()), InvoiceDetailsLoaded, null);

    after the item source bind. The Tileview get disappear. Please can you check and give me a solution example. Thanks in advance.

  6. Tina Stancheva
    Tina Stancheva avatar
    3298 posts

    Posted 23 Nov 2010 Link to this post

    Hello admin,

    From the code snippet you provided I cannot be sure what might be causing the issue. Can you please send us a sample project reproducing the issue so that we can further investigate it.

    Still, I noticed that in the RadGridView definition the Grid.Row and Grid.Column properties are set, although the RadGridView isn't set in a Grid. Also, I noticed that you are binding the RadGridView, and I suppose the RadTileView as well. If this is indeed the case, I'd recommend using the RadFluidContentControl implementation described in this help article.

    Also, I attached a sample project illustrating yet another approach to a similar scenario. Have a look at it as well and let us know if we can further assist you.

    Sincerely yours,
    Tina Stancheva
    the Telerik team
    Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for Silverlight
Back to Top
DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner