Getting Started Info

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. Skip
    Skip avatar
    14 posts

Posted 28 Jan 2015 Link to this post

I have the need to build a customer complaint portal.  I want my users to be able to create a new complaint, and upload the most common file types as attachments.  Such s jpg, doc, pdf, etc.  I'm not sure how to attach those documents to the new record.

I understand how to upload the documents using AsyncUpload to a common directory.

How do you link the documents back to a particular record?  Do you store the file path in a database somewhere?  Do you create a new folder for each record and store that in a database?  I'm missing a piece to the puzzle.

What is the easiest way, best practice, to accomplish this so users can view and manage images associated with a record?
  2. Answer
    Hristo Valyavicharski
    Hristo Valyavicharski avatar
    975 posts

Posted 02 Feb 2015 Link to this post

Hi Skip,

You can store files on the File System and file path inside the database or you can keep both inside the database - it depends on your scenario. Please find the attached sample. It shows how to upload images inside a database and preview them inside radgrid.

Hristo Valyavicharski

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Skip
    Skip avatar
    14 posts

Posted 26 Feb 2015 in reply to Hristo Valyavicharski Link to this post

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!