This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Filter error in 2013.2.716

12 Answers 142 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1
iCognition asked on 18 Jul 2013, 04:08 AM
See screenshot.

It was working before the update (which I have since rolled back).

The grid itself doesn't even have filter enabled, why is it passing undefined at all, which is what Kendo is hanging up on I'm guessing....

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jul 2013, 05:46 AM
In fact a lot of this release seems unfinished. Is it a beta? The flat UI looks awful, k-block coloring is dark while the text is also dark, even the tabstrip in the default MVC 4 Kendo UI project looks broken...
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jul 2013, 02:49 PM
Hello Matt,

Unfortunately this is an omission on our side. I believe we've managed to address the issue. It was related to how complex field names are resolved for sort/filter/group descriptors.

We've also fixed the coloring for .k-block

The fixes will be available in next internal build.

Regards,
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jul 2013, 11:17 PM
When will that be available?
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 06:01 AM
Hello Matt,

It should be already available. Please give it a try and let us know if any other issues arise.

Regards,
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 07:19 AM
I'm still getting the error.

Is there a way to distinguish the internal builds? I still show 2013.2.716
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 08:13 AM
Hello Matt,

You can donwload the build from Latest Inernal Build page from your account -> Kendo UI Complete for ASP.NET MVC. 

The name of the file is: kendoui.aspnetmvc.2013.2.718.commercial

If after the update you are still experiencing the issue, it will be best to provide us with a runnable sample so we can debug it locally and assist you further.

Regards,
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2013, 11:52 PM
The internal build is even worse!

Flat theme doesn't have icons, dropdown has a transparent background and now the k-block element is wrong for every other theme!

And the filter problem isn't even fixed... see attachment.

I'm not making a runnable sample for you, do your own testing ROFL.
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2013, 08:51 AM
Hello Matt,

The issue that we discovered (reported by you and few other clients) was related to how complex fields (Category.CategoryID) were handled on sorting/filtering etc. We believe that the internal build in question contains the fix for it.

For your convenience I'm attaching sample project implementing the above described scenario. Sorting/filtering for `Category` column wasn't working with the official Q2 2013 release. It is working with the scripts from the internal build.

If you think that the issue in your project is no related to this, please modify the example in order to replicate the erroneous behavior.

I forwarded your comments regarding .k-block styling to our UX experts for their review. They will contact back to you with more details about their decision of making .k-block looks the way it is now.

Regards,
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jul 2013, 01:18 AM
Okay as of the internal *.22 version grid seems to be working, but ListView still has the same filter error.

And I still haven't had an explanation for the change of meaning of k-block and whether there is an equivalent/replacement css class....

Also, when can a proper release be expected? As far as I'm concerned this version of Kendo UI MVC is unusable and should not have been released
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2013, 11:53 AM
Hi Matt,

I am writing to you with regard to the .k-block styling and I would like to apologize - actually the meaning of k-block is not changed, however fixing the dark coloring in the flat theme broke the styling in the other themes. The good news is that we managed to address both of the issues - font color in the flat theme and the the background in the other themes (the fix is available in our latest internal build). Please test your application using the aforementioned build (you can download it from your account) and let me know if you still observe any problems.

Regards,
Iliana Nikolova
Telerik
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jul 2013, 11:13 PM
Okay and what is the difference between internal build and the hotfix?
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jul 2013, 09:06 AM
The internal build is an unofficial patched version which passed our internal automated tests, however it is not recommended for production. It is available for commercial license holders only.

Kendo UI Complete for ASP.NET MVC offers a complete internal build zipped package (including local demos, source code, etc.) and a hotfix zip package, which is a stripped-down version of the former and does not include demos or source. Use the latter in case you don't need the additional resources, as its size is significantly reduced (26MB vs 4.2MB).

I hope this explanation helps.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
iCognition
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team