Fiddler not working

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. jinny
    jinny avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2015

    Posted 10 Feb 2015 Link to this post

    Hi,

    I have a web service which has a web method and expects one string parameter [eg. Method(string str)]  and this parameter is expecting to get a xml string value.
    As long as I send request fidder to get the response from service on my local system eg. service running via VS2008 it works fine, However when i deploy the service in other server(TEST) fidder not able to send the request to webservice and every time end up with the below result.

    Response I get after hitting the url with post method

    1C
    Invalid Http Request Header

    0

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked

    1C
    Invalid Http Request Header

    0

    Request body

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soap:Body>
        <Share_Inventory xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">
          <argInputXml>
    <![CDATA[<samsung> <validate> <connect> <userid>samsungCE</userid> <password>qweasdzxc</password> </connect> </validate> <inventory> <item> <MRNAME>Reliance</MRNAME> <MDATE>20141009</MDATE> <SITECODE>Y339</SITECODE> <ARTICLEDESC>Samsung Grand2 Sview Flipcover Wht</ARTICLEDESC> <STOCK>13</STOCK> <SERIALNO /> <STORENAME>RRL Digital Whitefield Bangalo</STORENAME> <EAN>8806085955721</EAN> <ARTICLECODE>NA</ARTICLECODE> <FAMILY>LIFESTYLE</FAMILY> <STATUS>NA</STATUS> <ARTICLETYPE>NA</ARTICLETYPE> <WWCODE>NA</WWCODE> </item> <item> <MRNAME>Reliance</MRNAME> <MDATE>20130102</MDATE> <SITECODE>235</SITECODE> <ARTICLEDESC>PANEL</ARTICLEDESC> <STOCK>1</STOCK> <SERIALNO>5F5F5W5W5</SERIALNO> <STORENAME>AAA</STORENAME> <EAN>AAA</EAN> <ARTICLECODE>AAA</ARTICLECODE> <FAMILY>AAA</FAMILY> <STATUS>SS</STATUS> <ARTICLETYPE>AAA</ARTICLETYPE> <WWCODE>AAAA</WWCODE> </item> </inventory></samsung>]]>
    </argInputXml>
        </Share_Inventory>
      </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>

    Any help would be really appreciable, however if i send above request with SoapUI soft works fine.


    Regards
    Deepak Bisht
  2. Eric Lawrence
    Admin
    Eric Lawrence avatar
    833 posts

    Posted 10 Feb 2015 Link to this post

    You are reporting that the server has complained that your request was made with invalid request headers.

    In order for anyone to help debug this, you will need to provide more information. A great start would be providing the request headers that you are trying to send that are causing the error.

    Regards,
    Eric Lawrence
    Telerik
     

    Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

     
  3. jinny
    jinny avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2015

    Posted 11 Feb 2015 in reply to Eric Lawrence Link to this post

    Hi Eric,

    Thanks for your reply, I do not have any headers in my request. I am sending data to URL with post method and below is the body without any headers, still getting this error, I tried with adding header tag as well but the response was same.

    Request body

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soap:Body>
        <Share_Inventory xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">
          <argInputXml>
    <![CDATA[<samsung> <validate> <connect> <userid>samsungCE</userid> <password>qweasdzxc</password> </connect> </validate> <inventory> <item> <MRNAME>Reliance</MRNAME> <MDATE>20141009</MDATE> <SITECODE>Y339</SITECODE> <ARTICLEDESC>Samsung Grand2 Sview Flipcover Wht</ARTICLEDESC> <STOCK>13</STOCK> <SERIALNO /> <STORENAME>RRL Digital Whitefield Bangalo</STORENAME> <EAN>8806085955721</EAN> <ARTICLECODE>NA</ARTICLECODE> <FAMILY>LIFESTYLE</FAMILY> <STATUS>NA</STATUS> <ARTICLETYPE>NA</ARTICLETYPE> <WWCODE>NA</WWCODE> </item> <item> <MRNAME>Reliance</MRNAME> <MDATE>20130102</MDATE> <SITECODE>235</SITECODE> <ARTICLEDESC>PANEL</ARTICLEDESC> <STOCK>1</STOCK> <SERIALNO>5F5F5W5W5</SERIALNO> <STORENAME>AAA</STORENAME> <EAN>AAA</EAN> <ARTICLECODE>AAA</ARTICLECODE> <FAMILY>AAA</FAMILY> <STATUS>SS</STATUS> <ARTICLETYPE>AAA</ARTICLETYPE> <WWCODE>AAAA</WWCODE> </item> </inventory></samsung>]]>
    </argInputXml>
        </Share_Inventory>
      </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>


    Regards
    Deepak Bisht
  4. Eric Lawrence
    Admin
    Eric Lawrence avatar
    833 posts

    Posted 12 Feb 2015 Link to this post

    Hi, jinny--

    ALL HTTP and HTTPS requests have headers; there's no such thing as a request without headers. In particular, you must have at least a HOST header and a Content-Length header when performing a POST.

    I don't know what you mean when you say "adding header tag"-- HTTP headers are not tags.

    You might try dragging a working POST request from Fiddler's Web Sessions list to the Composer to see what a proper request looks like.

    You might try sharing a screenshot of what exactly the Composer looks like for your non-working scenario.

    Regards,
    Eric Lawrence
    Telerik
     

    Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

     
Back to Top