This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error: Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 has stopped working after login to Telerik AppBuilder Extension platform

4 Answers 172 Views
Report a bug
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Myo Thaw
Top achievements
Rank 1
Myo Thaw asked on 26 Aug 2016, 09:38 AM
Currently I am using Telerik AppBuilder Enterprise Evaluation account.
I am trying to test Telerik Platform for development of iOS, Android and Windows Phone Mobile Apps and currently I'm using Enterprise evaluation account.
I have problem creating DataLink from the Telerik Cloud development from web because I don't have external IP to launch my local MySQL data to access from cloud projects.

So, I try to use Telerik AppBuilder Progress Extension in Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise Update 3.
My Visual Studio 2015 has stopped working after I login to the Telerik Platform with my account.
If I don't kill this process, the Visual Studio may loop in restarting and crashing.

I found following error in Windows Applications Events Viewer and Telerik Log file.

[2016-08-26 15:15:19.711] Log (Exception,High): System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The server stopped the handshake.
   at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.SafeReceiveRecord(Stream s)
   at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.OnNegotiateHandshakeCallback(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I have done, remove and install of this extensions, removing of Cache folder at %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon.
And still can't fix this issue.

May I know the workaround to fix this issue.

Best Regards,
Myo Thaw Tun

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Anton Dobrev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Aug 2016, 01:02 PM
Hi Myo Thaw Tun,

Installing a Data Link server and configuring a Data Connector in Telerik Platform

Exposing a on-premises database to an app in Telerik Platform requires that you install the Data Link server that interprets the communication between both parties on a publicly available host and port. The purpose of this is that Telerik Platform needs to access a publicly available address. Until this is adjusted on your side you may use during your evaluation the Demo Data Link server which will allow you to get acquainted with the data access patterns, content types, business logic, etc. in Telerik Platform, while at the same time working with data from a relational database.

Please note that the current support for MySQL includes only MySQL Enterprise edition.

You can read more on the matter in this section of the documentation.

Visual Studio crashing

We have identified a similar issue when an iOS 10 device is connected to the machine running Visual Studio. If this is the case, please disconnect the device and try again.

Since iOS 10 is still in Beta, the support for connecting these devices to AppBuilder will be added in the next release which is due in a few weeks. For the current development requirements you can use iOS devices with a lower iOS version.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
Anton Dobrev
Telerik by Progress

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Myo Thaw
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2016, 07:21 AM

Hello Anton,

Thanks for the solution for Visual Studio crashing issue. I was not aware of this iOS 10 device is connected to my development environment. Now this issue is resolved by removing the connected device.

I just noted that I may need MySQL Enterprise edition for Data Link Server. And also found out there's no way access local MySQL from Visual Studio extension.

Best Regards,

Myo Thaw Tun

Plamen Ratchev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Sep 2016, 11:21 AM

Hi Anton,

Right now iOS 10 is released and the issues with iOS 10 devices connected to the machine running Visual Studio is still present. When will this be resolved?

Regards,

Plamen Ratchev

Preslav
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2016, 03:56 PM
Hello Plamen,

The fix is already on its way. It will be available in the next AppBuilder update, which is scheduled for this or early next week.

In the meantime, I'd suggest keeping track on this forum post as we will update it if new information relating the issue appears.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the issue.

Regards,
Preslav
Telerik by Progress

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Tags
Report a bug
Asked by
Myo Thaw
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Anton Dobrev
Telerik team
Myo Thaw
Top achievements
Rank 1