This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

error 105 when loading project

6 Answers 62 Views
AppBuilder Windows client
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andy asked on 08 May 2013, 08:37 AM
Ok, so I just updated to the new version and restarted my PC. Now whenever I start my project I get an:

"Error -105 when loading url http://local/home.html"

I realise this is somehow DNS related, but I have not changed anything in that regard. Was  I just unlucky and simply updated while the DNS was being switched over at the Telerik end? (I saw elsewhere on the forum something like this happened to a developer during a previous upgrade).

To note loading the same projects via Mist, as opposed to Graphite, seems to produce a similar error. Though this was less informative and said simply that the url was unavailable.

Cheers,
Andy

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2013, 09:51 AM
Hello Andy,

Please check if all URLs are relative and do not start with leading "/" (slash), i.e. you need to make sure that all files are relative to your .html file urls.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

Share feedback and vote for features on our Feedback Portal.
Want some Kendo UI online training - head over to Kendo UI Dojo.
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2013, 11:23 AM
Yep, all urls are as they should be. Of note is that they are as they were prior to the upgrade.
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2013, 11:29 AM
It seems likely it has to do with this email I just got? It says:

"Due to server-side maintenance, you may experience intermittent downtime during the next 24 hours. "

I only just saw that, its on an email account I don't check regularly. It was dated today (8th). Should I have received some notice of this beyond this email? This is the very first I have heard of this.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2013, 01:45 PM
Hi Andy,

The email is just a notification that interruption of service might occur, but the new version has been live for several hours now and everything is working as expected, so no, it is not related to that.

Please double check your URLs including any you set via javascript e.g window.location.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2013, 03:15 PM
Hi Steve,

Interesting - you were right (leading slashes) and you were wrong (I still think the upgrade is related).

I did indeed have a leading slash in a JavaScript window.location statement. But this has been the case for several weeks now - without any issues whatsoever.

This  issue started to occur immediately after I upgraded Graphite. As this part of code drives my boot process - routing to the page that has been determined to be the landing page - I would most definitely have encountered it prior to the upgrade. 

Anyway, issue solved and I can now move forward, so thank you very much indeed for the answer.

Cheers,
Andy

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2013, 04:03 PM
Hi Andy,

I never commented on whether it is related to the upgrade or not, I just advised you what to look for. This change is good in any case, as leading slash would have caused problems when you deploy to your actual devices.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

Tags
AppBuilder Windows client
Asked by
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1