error 105 when loading project

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Andy
    Andy avatar
    34 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2009

    Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

    Ok, so I just updated to the new version and restarted my PC. Now whenever I start my project I get an:

    "Error -105 when loading url http://local/home.html"

    I realise this is somehow DNS related, but I have not changed anything in that regard. Was  I just unlucky and simply updated while the DNS was being switched over at the Telerik end? (I saw elsewhere on the forum something like this happened to a developer during a previous upgrade).

    To note loading the same projects via Mist, as opposed to Graphite, seems to produce a similar error. Though this was less informative and said simply that the url was unavailable.

    Cheers,
    Andy
  2. Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

    Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hello Andy,

    Please check if all URLs are relative and do not start with leading "/" (slash), i.e. you need to make sure that all files are relative to your .html file urls.

    Greetings,
    Steve
    the Telerik team

    Share feedback and vote for features on our Feedback Portal.
    Want some Kendo UI online training - head over to Kendo UI Dojo.
  3. Andy
    Andy avatar
    34 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2009

    Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

    Yep, all urls are as they should be. Of note is that they are as they were prior to the upgrade.
  4. Andy
    Andy avatar
    34 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2009

    Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

    It seems likely it has to do with this email I just got? It says:

    "Due to server-side maintenance, you may experience intermittent downtime during the next 24 hours. "

    I only just saw that, its on an email account I don't check regularly. It was dated today (8th). Should I have received some notice of this beyond this email? This is the very first I have heard of this.
  5. Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

    Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Andy,

    The email is just a notification that interruption of service might occur, but the new version has been live for several hours now and everything is working as expected, so no, it is not related to that.

    Please double check your URLs including any you set via javascript e.g window.location.

    Greetings,
    Steve
    the Telerik team

    Share feedback and vote for features on our Feedback Portal.
    Want some Kendo UI online training - head over to Kendo UI Dojo.
  6. Andy
    Andy avatar
    34 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2009

    Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Steve,

    Interesting - you were right (leading slashes) and you were wrong (I still think the upgrade is related).

    I did indeed have a leading slash in a JavaScript window.location statement. But this has been the case for several weeks now - without any issues whatsoever.

    This  issue started to occur immediately after I upgraded Graphite. As this part of code drives my boot process - routing to the page that has been determined to be the landing page - I would most definitely have encountered it prior to the upgrade. 

    Anyway, issue solved and I can now move forward, so thank you very much indeed for the answer.

    Cheers,
    Andy




  7. Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

    Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Andy,

    I never commented on whether it is related to the upgrade or not, I just advised you what to look for. This change is good in any case, as leading slash would have caused problems when you deploy to your actual devices.

    Greetings,
    Steve
    the Telerik team

    Share feedback and vote for features on our Feedback Portal.
    Want some Kendo UI online training - head over to Kendo UI Dojo.
Back to Top