This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Documentation for Telerik UI ASP.NET AJAX 2012

1 Answer 188 Views
Documentation and Tutorials
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joshua asked on 01 Mar 2021, 09:17 PM

Hello,

The company I work for is using Telerik UI 2012.1.411.40

I have been tasked with building a new page on one of our products, but I cannot seem to find documentation in our downloads.

I understand the version is old, I assume that upgrading from 2012 to 2021 would cause a number of issues to come up.

I was wondering if support could provide the documentation for this older version or the closest I could follow to it?

I would also like the opportunity to speak with someone, if possible, about possibly using a different version within the application for a specific section.

I look forward to hearing from anyone really.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Doncho
Telerik team
answered on 02 Mar 2021, 02:18 PM

Hi Joshua,

I have just sent an answer to your formal support ticket and I would suggest proceeding with the communication there only.

For a better visibility, I am pasting my answer here as well:

1. I am afraid that in .NET two equally named assemblies with different versions are not supported for the same project.
    In case you decide to upgrade the existing pages you may find it useful to review our Upgrading a Trial to a Developer License or to a Newer Version guide article.
  2. For your convenience I have uploaded the offline documentation for Telerik UI 2012.1.411, so you can download it from the following link - RadControlsForASP.NET.AJAX

I hope this information will help.

Kind regards,
Doncho
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

adeel
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 13 Jul 2022, 02:50 AM

Hi Doncho

I am in a similar situation where it is required to maintain old web app with 
2012.1.411 version of telerik mvc web.

I checked above we transfer link but it seems to be expired.

Any chance if you could upload it again please.

thanks

Doncho
Telerik team
commented on 13 Jul 2022, 12:47 PM

Hi Adeel,

I have attached the offline version of the documentation for Telerik Extensions for ASPNET MVC version 2012.1.419 (Q1 2012 SP1).

The version number you have mentioned (2012.1.411) corresponds to the version of our components for ASP.NET AJAX (but not for MVC). In case this is what you actually need, I would suggest you download the latest Trial version of Telerik for ASP.NET AJAX and use its offline documentation. If it turns out that you need a specific version due to drastic changes with the available one (the latest), you can submit a formal support ticket where we can assist you accordingly.

Tags
Documentation and Tutorials
Asked by
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Doncho
Telerik team
Share this question
or