DLL mismatch problems when including a GridView with 2009 Q2

8 posts, 0 answers
  1. Mike
    Mike avatar
    6 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2009 Link to this post

Hi,

I am creating an application using a number of the 2009 Q2 Release components with Silverlight 3.0 Release. When I introduce a GridView I get the following exception. Any suggestions?

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException occurred
      Message="System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.\r\nFile name: 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242'\r\n   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.InitializeGroupCount()\r\n   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl..ctor()\r\n   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadGridView..ctor() [Line: 0 Position: 0]\r\n   --- Inner Exception ---\r\nCould not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.\r\n"
      LineNumber=0
      LinePosition=0
      StackTrace:
           at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
           at StructureNavigation.Views.WindchillPartStructure.InitializeComponent()
           at StructureNavigation.Views.WindchillPartStructure..ctor()
      InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
           Message="Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
           StackTrace:
                at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.InitializeGroupCount()
                at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl..ctor()
                at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadGridView..ctor()
           InnerException:

Thanks
    Mike
  2. Ludovic Gerbault
    Ludovic Gerbault avatar
    226 posts

Hi Mike

If I remember well (cause I got that kind of problem like twice a week), it's because the System.Windows.Controls.Data assembly from your Silverlight project is either missing or still in the 2.0.0.0 version.

Check your references, if you don't see the file, you'll need to add it (click right -> add reference)
    If it is there, you can check the version in the property window (version), and update is if it isn't 2.0.5.0

It's usually located in the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v3.0\Libraries\Client\System.Windows.Controls.Data.dll

Hopes that helped

Ludovic
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Mike
    Mike avatar
    6 posts

Hi Ludovic

In Visual Studio, the reference to  System.Windows.Controi.Data reports

Rentime Version v2.0.50727
    Version 2.0.5.0
    I also have Specific Version  = false;

I believe I only have Silverlight 3.0 Release installed.

This was working with pre-release versions of Silverlight 3 and also development versions from Telerik prior to Q2 2009.

Mike

5. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2009 Link to this post

Hi guys,

Our latest internal build (which is compatible with SL 3 RTW)  does not require  System.Windows.Controls.Data.

Greetings,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  6. Shane P
    Shane P avatar
    86 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2009 Link to this post

Hi there,
    I am also having the same problem. I am running a silverlight 3 application and I am using version 2009.2.701.1020.

I have checked in my references that System.Windows.Controls.Data is referenced and it is referencing the correct version.

<UserControl xmlns:telerikGridView="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView"  xmlns:data="clr-namespace:System.Windows.Controls;assembly=System.Windows.Controls.Data"  x:Class="MyContents.SilverLight.MainPage" 
        xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"   
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" 
        xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"   
        xmlns:controls="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls" 
        xmlns:grid="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView" 
        xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"   
        mc:Ignorable="d" d:DesignWidth="640" d:DesignHeight="480">  
      <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot">  
            <Grid Width="500" Height="500">  

What am I missing?

Thanks
    Shane
  7. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

Posted 17 Aug 2009 Link to this post

Hello Shane,

If you can send us this project via support ticket we will gladly fix wrong references.

Regards,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  8. Ianchuk Artem
    Ianchuk Artem avatar
    3 posts

Posted 23 Oct 2009 Link to this post

Hi.
    I have the same problem.
    I use  telerik compile version 2009.2.701.1020. Also add to project  System.Windows.Controls version 2.0.5.0.
    But project crashed with exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242'
       at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.InitializeGroupCount()
       at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl..ctor()
       at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadGridView..ctor() [Line: 0 Position: 0]
       --- Inner Exception ---
    Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I need help. What I do wrong?
  9. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

Posted 26 Oct 2009 Link to this post

Hello,

You have SL2 compatible binaries in SL3 project. To fix this you will need to download at least Q2 SP1!

Sincerely yours,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
DevCraft banner