This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DLL mismatch problems when including a GridView with 2009 Q2

7 Answers 144 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 06 Aug 2009, 03:27 PM
Hi,

I am creating an application using a number of the 2009 Q2 Release components with Silverlight 3.0 Release. When I introduce a GridView I get the following exception. Any suggestions?

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException occurred
  Message="System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.\r\nFile name: 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242'\r\n   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.InitializeGroupCount()\r\n   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl..ctor()\r\n   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadGridView..ctor() [Line: 0 Position: 0]\r\n   --- Inner Exception ---\r\nCould not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.\r\n"
  LineNumber=0
  LinePosition=0
  StackTrace:
       at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
       at StructureNavigation.Views.WindchillPartStructure.InitializeComponent()
       at StructureNavigation.Views.WindchillPartStructure..ctor()
  InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
       Message="Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
       StackTrace:
            at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.InitializeGroupCount()
            at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl..ctor()
            at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadGridView..ctor()
       InnerException:

Thanks
Mike

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ludovic Gerbault
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2009, 05:08 PM
Hi Mike

If I remember well (cause I got that kind of problem like twice a week), it's because the System.Windows.Controls.Data assembly from your Silverlight project is either missing or still in the 2.0.0.0 version.

Check your references, if you don't see the file, you'll need to add it (click right -> add reference)
If it is there, you can check the version in the property window (version), and update is if it isn't 2.0.5.0

It's usually located in the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v3.0\Libraries\Client\System.Windows.Controls.Data.dll

Hopes that helped

Ludovic
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Ludovic

In Visual Studio, the reference to  System.Windows.Controi.Data reports

Rentime Version v2.0.50727
Version 2.0.5.0
I also have Specific Version  = false;

I believe I only have Silverlight 3.0 Release installed.

This was working with pre-release versions of Silverlight 3 and also development versions from Telerik prior to Q2 2009.

Mike

Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 07 Aug 2009, 05:13 AM
Hi guys,

Our latest internal build (which is compatible with SL 3 RTW)  does not require  System.Windows.Controls.Data.

Greetings,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Shane P
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Aug 2009, 11:05 PM

Hi there,
I am also having the same problem. I am running a silverlight 3 application and I am using version 2009.2.701.1020.

I have checked in my references that System.Windows.Controls.Data is referenced and it is referencing the correct version.

<UserControl xmlns:telerikGridView="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView"  xmlns:data="clr-namespace:System.Windows.Controls;assembly=System.Windows.Controls.Data"  x:Class="MyContents.SilverLight.MainPage" 
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"   
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" 
    xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"   
    xmlns:controls="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls" 
    xmlns:grid="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView" 
    xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"   
    mc:Ignorable="d" d:DesignWidth="640" d:DesignHeight="480">  
  <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot">  
        <Grid Width="500" Height="500">  

What am I missing?

Thanks
Shane
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 17 Aug 2009, 05:31 AM
Hello Shane,

If you can send us this project via support ticket we will gladly fix wrong references.

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Ianchuk Artem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Oct 2009, 04:43 PM
Hi.
I have the same problem.
I use  telerik compile version 2009.2.701.1020. Also add to project  System.Windows.Controls version 2.0.5.0.
But project crashed with exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242'
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.InitializeGroupCount()
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl..ctor()
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadGridView..ctor() [Line: 0 Position: 0]
   --- Inner Exception ---
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d8c6023c75a3242' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I need help. What I do wrong?
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2009, 07:07 AM
Hello,

You have SL2 compatible binaries in SL3 project. To fix this you will need to download at least Q2 SP1!

Sincerely yours,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ludovic Gerbault
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike
Top achievements