Disable range selection

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Amige
    Amige avatar
    44 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2014 Link to this post

Hello,

In my application have a TimeLine control with the SelectionMode="Extended", I need to select several items using the CTRL key.
    In my scenario when I double click an item I show a window that will present some information related to the clicked item as you can see in the first attached image, I clicked the green item and the window is shown in the center of the screen.
    Then when I want to close the window I click the button "Cerrar" (close) and after the window is closed I get the effect as if I clicked and dragged from the first item I clicked to the item behind the window (second attached image).

I wonder if there is a way to disable the range selection when using the SelectionMode="Extended", for my scenario I can't use the SelectionMode="Multiple" because I need to be able to select items using the CTRL key.

Or could you suggest another way to avoid the describes effect?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto
  2. Amige
    Amige avatar
    44 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2014 in reply to Amige Link to this post

I couldn't attach the images in the previous post, I am trying here.
  3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Amige
    Amige avatar
    44 posts

Posted 08 Dec 2014 Link to this post

I think I found a solution, I just read an article about bubble and tunnel events and it helped me to clarify what I wanted to do. So I was using the MouseDoubleClick event (which I had the problem) and I changed  it to PreviewMouseDoubleClick, now I don't have the problem.

Regards,

Alberto
  5. Benjamin
    Benjamin avatar
    24 posts

Posted 17 Dec 2014 Link to this post

Hello,

I have the same question, how to disable the selection range ? I need a multi selection with CTRL support (SelectionMode="Extended") but the selection range use Drag & Drop and my own Drag & Drop mechanism (using DragDropManager) for moving item is not called in this mode.

Thank you
  6. Tsvetie
    Admin
    Tsvetie avatar
    1517 posts

Posted 18 Dec 2014 Link to this post

Hi Benjamin,

There is no straight forward way to disable the drag-to-select feature when using SelectionMode="Extended". However, in case you open a new support ticket and send us your setup we might be able to come up with a workaround for your particular case.

Regards,
    Tsvetie
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

7. Benjamin
    Benjamin avatar
    24 posts

Posted 18 Dec 2014 in reply to Tsvetie Link to this post

Ok,

Thanks for your answser. I will open a support ticket later.

Regards,
UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready