Disable Filters: ConvertFontToSpan,ConvertToXhtml and FixUlBoldItalic not working as expected in V2014.2.724.40

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Brete
    Brete avatar
    33 posts

Posted 24 Oct 2014 Link to this post

I am working on upgrading some sites from   V2013.1.714.40 to V2014.2.724.40 and I am having an issue with the filters:  ConvertFontToSpan,ConvertToXhtml and FixUlBoldItalic

I am calling DisableFilter  on page load, but the filters don't appear to be working the same as  before. 

When I read the RadEditor.Content on server or preview in the HTML window I am getting the following results:

Results in  V2013.1.714.40  (Expected Result) 
    This will appear below your profile photo <u>on page 4 of</u> your newsletter. Please include attorne<i>y name(s</i>) and/or the <b>firm n</b>ame, an address, ph<font color="#00b050">one number, e</font>mail address, and your firm website. A maximum of 12 lines are available<br>

Note: The Bolds are <b></b>, the Italic is <i></i>, Underline is <u></u> and the Font is <Font ></font>    

Results in  V2014.2.724.40 and V2014.1.403.40
    This will appear below your profile photo <span style="text-decoration: underline;">on page 4 of</span> your newsletter. Please include attorne<em>y name(s</em>) and/or the <strong>firm n</strong>ame, an address, ph<span style="color: rgb(146, 208, 80);">one number, e</span>mail address, and your firm website. A maximum of 12 lines are available<br>

Note: The Bolds are now <strong></strong>, the Italic is now <span style="text-decoration: underline;"></span>, Underline is now <em></em> and the Font is now <Font <span style="color: "></span>    

Did something change in the way the filters are used?        

<telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server"  Width="300px"  StripFormattingOnPaste="MSWord, MSWordNoFonts, MSWordRemoveAll, Css, Font, Span"
                                        StripFormattingOptions="MSWord, MSWordNoFonts, MSWordRemoveAll, Css, Font, Span"
               Skin="Default">

<Tools>
                                          <telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Save" Text="Save" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Cancel" Text="Cancel" />

<telerik:EditorSeparator />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Cut" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Copy" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Paste" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Undo" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Redo" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertSymbol" />
                                          </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Bold" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Italic" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Underline" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Subscript" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="Superscript" />
                                                                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="ForeColor" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyLeft" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyRight" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyCenter" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyFull" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyNone" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertOrderedList" />
                                            <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertUnorderedList" />

<telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertParagraph" />

<telerik:EditorTool Name="AjaxSpellCheck" Text="Spell Check" />
                                        </Tools>
                                        <Content>

</Content></telerik:RadEditor>

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            RadEditor1.DisableFilter(EditorFilters.ConvertFontToSpan);
            RadEditor1.DisableFilter(EditorFilters.ConvertToXhtml);
            RadEditor1.DisableFilter(EditorFilters.FixUlBoldItalic);
            RadEditor1.DisableFilter(EditorFilters.MozEmStrong);

}
  2. Ianko
    Admin
    Ianko avatar
    1535 posts

Posted 28 Oct 2014 Link to this post

Hello Brete,

The described behavior is due to improvements of the inline commands introduced in Q3 2013. This help article explains more on the matter and provides a backward compatibility solution. 

Note that you should also disable the ConvertTags filter to stop the transformation of the <b> to <strong> tags.

This example works fine on my end and achieves the required functionality:
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<%= Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(typeof(RadEditor), "Telerik.Web.UI.Editor.RadEditor.Commands.LegacyInlineCommands.js") %>"></script>

<telerik:RadEditor runat="server" ID="RadEditor1">
        <Content>
            <b>Bold</b><br/><i>Italic</i><br/><u>Underline</u>
            <br/>
            <font color="#00b050">using font and HTML attributes</font>
        </Content>
    </telerik:RadEditor>

C#
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        // retain <b> and <i> tags and stop transformation to <strong> and <em>
        RadEditor1.DisableFilter(EditorFilters.ConvertTags);
        // stop transformation of <u> tags to inline style
        RadEditor1.DisableFilter(EditorFilters.FixUlBoldItalic);
        // stop transformation of <font> to <span>
        RadEditor1.DisableFilter(EditorFilters.ConvertFontToSpan);
    }

Regards,
    Ianko
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017