This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Custom Skinning Q2 2014 Web Forms ReportViewer

1 Answer 104 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 29 Sep 2014, 08:58 PM
I am working on a new Web application that uses a
ReportViewer. I am familiar with doing this with previous versions. However,
when I attempted to customize the Skin for the ReportViewer I noticed that the
images for the tool bar where missing. I copied them as well as the
reportviewer.css to the appropriate folder[s] and the page could not find the
images. I ended up having to separate the most of images into the same
directory that the ReportViewer was located in. For example root/Controls/Skins/Custom,
while the reportviewer.css and Background.gif remained in root/Skins/Custom. Also
I noticed the PrintPreview.gif did not exist because I had copied the Skins
folder from an older version. I looked everywhere for a current version of the
Q2 2014 Skins folder and could not find anything. Moreover there is no
documentation for custom skinning the new Web Forms version of the
ReportViewer.

Another problem! When I
ref the SkinPath with SkinsPath=”~/Skins” the resulting improper references are
written to the header of the Web page:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//Skins/Custom/ReportViewer.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/Telerik.ReportViewer.axd?optype=Resource&version=8.1.14.804&name=Resources.ParametersArea.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/Telerik.ReportViewer.axd?optype=Resource&version=8.1.14.804&name=Resources.ReportViewerInternal.css" />

This is not correct
=> “//Skins/Custom….” I don't think 804&name=Resources...... is correct either.
Could someone point me to the location to find the current skins directory for Q2 2014 and maby tell me what is going on with this?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 02 Oct 2014, 03:55 PM
Hello Mark,

The ASP.NET ReportViewer has only four predefined skins. If you need to additionally style the viewer, you can use the approach described in the Applying custom skin to the web report viewer code library.

The relative path to the folder with the skin can be set on the viewer's SkinPath property. The code library illustrates how and where the resources for the viewer must be gathered in order to be found and served. All CSS files will be linked in the header element of the page, where default once are distributed by the Telerik.ReportViewer.axd handler.

Our recommendation is to switch to the new HTML5 Report VIewer, which provides more styling options as it is a client-side HTML5/CSS3/JS widget, served by a running Reporting REST service, which is dedicated to work with the viewer.
For more details, please check  this forum thread and the Customizing the HTML5 Report Viewer help section.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or