This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2012.3.1012.1

6 Answers 1993 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Chom
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chom asked on 11 Dec 2012, 07:49 PM
Hello,

I have a web project and 2 class libraries that each contain EntityDiagram.rlinq model.

I reference these libraries from my web project to read and write data etc.

When I run my web project on my local development machine everything is working ok.

When I upload my project to a production server I end up with this error:
Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2012.3.1012.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
and the page will not load.

I have tried referenceing the the orm libs and ftp'ing them to the binaries folder on the server but I still get the same error.

Is there something that I am doing wrong or missing?

Thanks

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 12 Dec 2012, 04:20 PM
Hi Chom,

My best guess about the problem causing the error is that the Telerik.OpenAccess.dll file is not deployed to the server.

The solution is to set the Copy Local property of the assembly reference in Visual Studio to true (how to do it is described in this knowledge base article). In addition, make sure that the following files are available in the bin directory of your project:
    - Telerik.OpenAccess.35.Extensions.dll 
    - Telerik.OpenAccess.Config.dll 
    - Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime.dll

In this documentation article you can find more information about the deployment process of the OpenAccess assemblies.

That should be enough for the OpenAccess to run on the server but if you still experience the same error, you can copy / paste the file in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) folder on the server. However, I do not recommend you this approach.

I hope that works for you. I am looking forward to your feedback.

Kind regards,
Doroteya
the Telerik team
Telerik OpenAccess ORM Meets ASP.NET Web API. Read more.
Young
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Dec 2012, 08:56 PM
I got same problems as below. 

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2012.3.1012.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2012.3.1012.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

Line 353:            <td id="EditorTDID" style="vertical-align:top; margin-left:10px;">
Line 354:                <div id="div_SRTEdit_Container" >
Line 355:                <telerik:RadScriptManager runat="server" ID="RadScriptManager1" />
Line 356:                        <asp:PlaceHolder ID="SRT_Edit_Window" runat="server" Visible="true" >
Line 357:                            <div id="div_SRTEditor" class="editorcontrollerColumn" style="" runat="server" >

I also tried to change web.config with below, but no affect.

<runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
     <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
 <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.OpenAccess" publicKeyToken="7ce17eeaf1d59342"/>
 <bindingRedirect oldVersion="2011.2.713.3" newVersion="2012.3.1012.1"/>
      </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
  </runtime>

I manually copied, Telerik.OpenAccess.dll, Config,dll, Runtime.dll, 35.Exentions.dll, 40.Extentions.dll,
No affect at all.

I installed latest version of OpenAccess ORM package in the server, same problem.

However, when I refresh the browser once again, this error disappeared. But whenever reach my page again from different page, this error happened again repeatedly.

What should I do?  (Very high priority). About to live now.... Please help.

Chom
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Dec 2012, 10:16 PM

Doroteya,

Thanks for the info.
The information you provided was very helpfull and helped me resolve the problem. Once I got the "Could not load file assembly" resolved I could then change my connection strings.

I had to add some other files (see below) and set the Copy Local properties to True (I added the Config.dll and the Runtime.dll).

• Telerik.OpenAccess.dll - this assembly contains the API classes.
  • Telerik.OpenAccess.Config.dll - this assembly contains the classes used to load the Telerik OpenAccess ORM specific configuration file settings.
  • Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime.dll - this assembly implements all services available through the API assembly. It contains the database-specific classes used for accessing all supported databases (MS SQL2005 Server, Oracle (via ODP .NET), MySQL, Advantage Database Server (ADS), SQL Anywhere, SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL CE and Firebird included).
  • Telerik.OpenAccess.35.Extensions.dll - this assembly contains the LINQ implementation for Telerik OpenAccess ORM.
  • This is explained here:
    http://www.telerik.com/help/openaccess-orm/visual-designer-deployment-consideration-operations-versioning.html
    as well as this knowledge base article
     http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/orm/general/cannot-load-file-or-assembly-telerik-openaccess.aspx
    all referenced by Doroteya.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Chom

Dsp
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    answered on 06 Mar 2014, 06:11 AM
    Hello Doroteya,

How to find Telerik.OpenAccess.Config.dll .We are using Q2 2012.

Our project is running successfully but in server showing Open access
    error at the first instance(startpage) of the project.In some systems
    showing this error and i am trying to add the
    Telerik.OpenAccess.Config.dl  but unable to find the reference.

Thanks,

Phani
    Doroteya
    Telerik team
    answered on 10 Mar 2014, 12:11 PM
    Hello Phani,

Generally, the Telerik.OpenAccess.Config.dll file can be found in the folder where Telerik Data Access is installed under the bin folder (~Data Access Installation Folder/bin/).

In case the error you experience persists after you deploy the config assembly, do not hesitate to get back to us.

Regards,
    Doroteya
    Telerik
    OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.
    Nelson of Polomolok.com
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    answered on 24 Jul 2015, 07:14 PM
    Took me forever to figure this out, it's not the Telerik.OpenAccess assembly​ (the error message itself is confusing)-- simply remove Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll from your BIN.  Hope this helps.
    Tags
    General Discussions
    Asked by
    Chom
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Answers by
    Doroteya
    Telerik team
    Young
    Top achievements
    Rank 1