Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet, Version=2015.1.225.45'

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Silviu
    Silviu avatar
    44 posts

Posted 14 Jun Link to this post

When trying to use the export to excel functionality on my website the following error is displayed:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet, Version=2015.1.225.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Not sure why it is looking for version 2015.1.225.45 when the assembly references version 2016.2.421.40 and it is also set to Copy Local = True.

Have tried rebuild but still nothing. I have no idea where the old version is being referenced as I have searched the whole solution without success.

What is the solution here?

2. Vessy
    Vessy avatar
    1349 posts

Posted 15 Jun Link to this post

Hi Silviu,

The experienced error is usually thrown due to a wrong reference to a DLL in the project (in your case to Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet.dll). The following section in our documentation explains more common reasons for such error message and how to fix them:

Las but not least, sometimes Visual studio stores information regarding previously registered DLL versions in the project file of the application. I would advice that you open this file with a text redactor and see whether there are any remaining registrations of the problematic Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet version.

Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner