This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot build any project after upgrading AppBuilder extension 2015.2.728.2

8 Answers 187 Views
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Allen asked on 28 Jul 2015, 10:39 PM

After upgrading to the latest AppBuilder 2015.2.728.2 today, I can no longer build any project. 

The following is the error message from Visual Studio 2013:

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions\e5umjnup.lpw\Targets\Build.targets(149,3): error : Build failed: An item with the same key has already been added..
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   at Telerik.BlackDragon.Client.Build.PrepareBuild.GetFilteredSourceFiles(ILogHelper logger)
   at Telerik.BlackDragon.Client.Build.PrepareBuild.ExecuteCore(IHttpServiceContext httpServiceContext, LogHelper logger)
Done building project "Sample-Deviceinfo.iceproj" -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Can anyone help? 

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2015, 12:01 PM
Hi Allen,

Sorry for the caused inconvenience. We examined the issue and it seems it is caused by duplicate entries in your .iceproj. The good news is that, you can check if this is the case on your side, by opening the .iceproj file. For example, if you have any custom plugins, pay attention to the folders referred in the .iceproj file as due to the many files, this is the most common way to add duplicate entries.

If you find a folder that contains duplicate files entries you should remove them.

If there are many duplicates the easiest way is:
  1. Exclude this folder from Visual Studio Solution Explorer(Right Click on the folder->Exclude From Project)
  2. Open your .iceproj file to verify that there aren't any entries left from this folder
  3. Go back to Visual Studio Solution Explorer (you should be prompted to reload solution)
  4. Include the folder again in project (Click "Show All Files" icon in the top of Solution Explorer toolbox. Then you will then need to select the previously excluded directory, right click, and choose "Include in Project.")

I hope this helps. Please, let us know if the solution above does not help and you are still encountering the faulty behavior?

Regards,
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

LessThan3 Inc.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jul 2015, 04:50 PM

Here are my exact steps:

1. Excluded all plugin, code, etc. folders from Visual Studio Solution Explorer (Right Click on the folder->Exclude From Project)
  2. Open your .iceproj file in text editor (Wordpad).
  3. Saved .iceproj file in Wordpad (no changes were made).
  4. Go back to Visual Studio Solution Explorer.  Hit "Overwrite".
  5. Include all folders again in project (Click "Show All Files" icon in the top of Solution Explorer toolbox. Then you will then need to select the previously excluded directory, right click, and choose "Include in Project.")
  6. Close VS.  Save if necessary.
  7. Reopen VS.  Build now works.

As an aside to the AppBuilder dev team - I'm lucky I didn't have to do a deployment in the last 48 hrs.  Releasing update versions that break even my production code make me less inclined to use your product and revert back to the reliable (although tedious) command-line build pattern.

Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2015, 12:52 PM
Hi James,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. I want to assure you that we extensively test all new changes and features before a release but I must admit that issues still sometimes slip through.

We will take all steps required to ensure this issue does not come up in future. It is our constant effort to provide stable releases and to address any reported issues as soon as possible.

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Christopher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2015, 02:22 PM

Hey

I have the same problem since I updated the Telerik Appbuilder Extension Today, I already tried the mentioned steps by excluding the folders opening the iceproj. file saving it overriting and the including all folders again, sadly I get the same error as before.

C:\Users\giustich\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions\yeguwmzc.btn\Targets\Build.targets(149,3): error : Build failed: Ein Element mit dem gleichen Schlüssel wurde bereits hinzugefügt..
System.ArgumentException: Ein Element mit dem gleichen Schlüssel wurde bereits hinzugefügt.
   bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   bei System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   bei Telerik.BlackDragon.Client.Build.PrepareBuild.GetFilteredSourceFiles(ILogHelper logger)
   bei Telerik.BlackDragon.Client.Build.PrepareBuild.ExecuteCore(IHttpServiceContext httpServiceContext, LogHelper logger)
Die Erstellung des Projekts "DatakeyMergeChri.iceproj" ist abgeschlossen -- FEHLER.

I also tried building an old version of my app, where i know this worked perfectly well a few weeks ago, even in this version i could not build or deploy.

Would be great to see a Solution to this.

Regards

Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2015, 08:19 PM
Hello Christopher,

The issue will be addressed with a hotfix later this week. In the meantime, if you create a support ticket you can attach your .iceproj file and I can update it for you.

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
Telerik

Christopher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2015, 06:39 AM

Hey Thanks for the quick reply really appreciate it.

I already looked at my iceproj. file for duplicates but wasnt successful but maybe im looking at the wrong place

I attached my iceproj. file 

Regards

Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2015, 06:47 AM

Our engineer has resolved this issue by creating a new empty project, then re-added all the source codes to new project. The issue was caused by the project GUID which was created by earlier AppBuilder. Hope this will help.

Regards,

Allen

Christopher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2015, 02:53 PM
Hey Allen thanks for your reply, it really helped me out worked like a charm thanks
Tags
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
Asked by
Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
LessThan3 Inc.
Top achievements
Rank 1