This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can View DOCX & XLSX export option locally but not when uploaded to Azure

4 Answers 150 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
thelostleaf
Top achievements
Rank 2
thelostleaf asked on 26 Feb 2015, 09:02 PM
Can view all report export options locally, but after uploading to Azure Cloud instance I lose many including DOCX and XLSX.

Copy Local = True on all references.
<Telerik.Reporting><Extensions><Render> all set to visible=true.

Version=8.2.14.1204

Thank you.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2015, 08:26 AM
Hello,

You need to add references to Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll and Open XML SDK 2.0 for Microsoft Office (DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll v.2.0.5022.0 or above with proper binding redirect) in the start project, and deploy the assemblies along with the package.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

thelostleaf
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Feb 2015, 05:00 PM
Do you have a binding redirect example? I have reviewed all previous documentations on this topic and have not come up with a solution. What am i binding to redirect? A link to Microsoft explains it no better than the researched documents. 

This seems like a major feature being able to export in DOCX and XLSX but lacks a clean example to implement.

Best regards,

Accepted
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
answered on 27 Feb 2015, 07:41 PM
I had a similar problem in my projects.  I used the "nuget" package manger and added the references to my project.  In my case I deploy a DLL which has the report logic and a DLL which represents the webpages.  Both projects needed references to the appropriate nuget package.
thelostleaf
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 28 Feb 2015, 12:55 AM
Thanks David, that led me down the right path to find the solution. I used nuget for the OpenXml, but that still didn't do it. Found this article which I missed (  http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/details/deploy-telerik-reporting-with-newer-openxml-sdk-version )
Helped explain the bindings. Installed the new Reporting Q1 '15, which fixed all of the web.config bindings

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="DocumentFormat.OpenXml" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.5.5631.0" newVersion="2.5.5631.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Windows.Documents.Flow" publicKeyToken="5803cfa389c90ce7" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2015.1.225.45" newVersion="2015.1.225.45" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Windows.Documents.Core" publicKeyToken="5803cfa389c90ce7" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2015.1.225.45" newVersion="2015.1.225.45" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet" publicKeyToken="5803cfa389c90ce7" culture="neutral" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml" publicKeyToken="5803cfa389c90ce7" culture="neutral" />
      </dependentAssembly>

But still did not work until I explicitly included DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll & Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll in my bin folder as oppose to project references, and added the dlls to my visual studio project. That may be what Stef was referring to when recommending 'deploy the assemblies', although I thought that was taken care of by the References set to Copy Local=True.

I also changed a Visual Studio project setting Package/Publish Web, Items To Deploy: All Files in this Project, it was set to only needed. Published to Azure, and could see all export formats.

Thank you both for the solution!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
thelostleaf
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
thelostleaf
Top achievements