Bug in Q1 2012: 2nd window appears behind 1st window when opened using context menu

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. hwsoderlund
    hwsoderlund avatar
    419 posts

Posted 20 Feb 2012 Link to this post

Here is a sample project demonstrating the behaviour. I am hoping this can be fixed in an internal build. When is the next build coming out?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7890705/RadWindowAndRadMenuBugs.zip
  2. Josh
    Josh avatar
    29 posts

Posted 20 Feb 2012 Link to this post

We are experiencing the same issue when opening a RadPrompt from a context menu.  It seemed to work prior to the Q1 update.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Konstantina
    Admin
    Konstantina avatar
    2332 posts

Posted 22 Feb 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

Henrik, thank you for the sample project. This is caused by a bug in the RadContextMenu, which returns the focus in its parent. It is logged in PITS. It will be fixed in the internal build next Monday.
    Joshua, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with the RadConfirm - initially, it has set the IsTopmost property, so no matter where the focus is, it will be on top. Could you please prepare a sample project and send it to us in order to observe the issue and provide a fix for it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Konstantina
    the Telerik team
    Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
  5. Josh
    Josh avatar
    29 posts

Posted 22 Feb 2012 Link to this post

I suppose I slightly misspoke earlier when I said "RadPrompt".  What I actually meant was "RadWindow.Prompt".  It has the same bug and so does RadWindow.Confirm.

Take the same project that Henrik posted and replace these lines in Window1.xaml.cs:

var win = new RadWindow();
    win.WindowStartupLocation = Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowStartupLocation.CenterScreen;
    win.WindowState = WindowState.Normal;
    win.Width = 640;
    win.Height = 480;
    win.Content = new Window2();
    win.ShowDialog();

with this single line:

RadWindow.Prompt("Enter Name:", null);
  6. Konstantina
    Admin
    Konstantina avatar
    2332 posts

Posted 24 Feb 2012 Link to this post

Hi Josh,

Nevertheless, this issue will also be resolved with the fix of the ContextMenu in the latest internal build next week.
    Please download it and give it a try.

Kind regards,
    Konstantina
    the Telerik team
    Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
DevCraft banner