This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Bug in Q1 2012: 2nd window appears behind 1st window when opened using context menu

4 Answers 40 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
hwsoderlund asked on 20 Feb 2012, 09:25 AM
Here is a sample project demonstrating the behaviour. I am hoping this can be fixed in an internal build. When is the next build coming out?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7890705/RadWindowAndRadMenuBugs.zip

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Josh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 12:24 AM
We are experiencing the same issue when opening a RadPrompt from a context menu.  It seemed to work prior to the Q1 update.
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2012, 02:03 PM
Hi,

Henrik, thank you for the sample project. This is caused by a bug in the RadContextMenu, which returns the focus in its parent. It is logged in PITS. It will be fixed in the internal build next Monday.
Joshua, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with the RadConfirm - initially, it has set the IsTopmost property, so no matter where the focus is, it will be on top. Could you please prepare a sample project and send it to us in order to observe the issue and provide a fix for it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Josh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2012, 04:05 PM
I suppose I slightly misspoke earlier when I said "RadPrompt".  What I actually meant was "RadWindow.Prompt".  It has the same bug and so does RadWindow.Confirm.

Take the same project that Henrik posted and replace these lines in Window1.xaml.cs:

var win = new RadWindow();
win.WindowStartupLocation = Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowStartupLocation.CenterScreen;
win.WindowState = WindowState.Normal;
win.Width = 640;
win.Height = 480;
win.Content = new Window2();
win.ShowDialog();

with this single line:

RadWindow.Prompt("Enter Name:", null);
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2012, 08:51 AM
Hi Josh,

Nevertheless, this issue will also be resolved with the fix of the ContextMenu in the latest internal build next week.
Please download it and give it a try.

Kind regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
Window
Asked by
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Josh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Konstantina
Telerik team