basic view navigation broken

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. ted
    ted avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2013

    Posted 14 Sep 2014 Link to this post

    I've had a pretty stable app here for awhile using the v2013.3.1526 of Kendo UI Mobile.  I recently tried to update my kendo ui bits with the built in package manager functionality and as a result I've run into a pretty nasty bug involving view navigation.  i've built my project around remote views, so I've got a separate html file for each view contained in my app.  Anytime I do a CRUD operation against my Kinvey back end the workflow is as follows:

    1) display a loading modal to the user to indicate a CRUD operation is in progress Note: I've done this using both the built-in showLoading() method of the kendo ui mobile app instance, and also using a regular kendo ui mobile modalview, both approaches experience the issue I'm describing
    2) perform the CRUD operation against Kinvey backend
    3) once the CRUD operation is finished I'll hide the loading modal
    4) I then make a call to app.navigate("some view name".html) to navigate away from whatever view the user is currently on

    The problem I'm experiencing is that the navigation step will often just fail.  I end up with whatever the current view the user was on being "stuck".  It's just sitting there displaying and I can't get it to go away.  Interacting with the buttons on the "stuck" view will actually trigger the functionality on the view I was trying to navigate the user to, but like I said, I cannot get the "stuck" vew to go away.  Incidentally I've tried it without including any sort of loading modal of any kind and I can still reproduce the problem.  This ONLY happens on device, both iOS and Android.  i might have seen it once or twice using the simulator but it's definitely something I can reliably reproduce on device.  

    The only way I've been able to get around this issue is to perform the final navigation step, step #4, inside of a setTimeout call.  The inclusion of a 500ms pause seems to give Kendo UI enough time to handle the navigation operation without blowing up.

    I can reproduce this issue with every single version of Kendo UI mobile that is currently available in the package manager btw. 

  2. ted
    ted avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2013

    Posted 14 Sep 2014 Link to this post

    just rolled back my app to v2013.3.1526 again...everything works fine as expected.  This is such total b.s....sigh >.<
  3. Alexander Valchev
    Admin
    Alexander Valchev avatar
    2875 posts

    Posted 18 Sep 2014 Link to this post

    Hello Ted,

    I am afraid that the provided information is not sufficient enough in order to determine where exactly the problem comes from.

    Did you tried debugging the application? Are there any JavaScript errors in the console log that might give us a clue what is going wrong? Is it possible for you to isolate the issue in a separate sample project so we can examine it in details and advise you further.

    Regards,
    Alexander Valchev
    Telerik
     

    Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

     
  4. ted
    ted avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2013

    Posted 19 Sep 2014 in reply to Alexander Valchev Link to this post

    I guess I can give it a shot.  I've got some logging stuff in my code that will dump untrapped exceptions to my Kinvey backend.  Let me clear those logs and do a fresh run with the app and see if anything shakes out on the navigation step.  If not I'll try and build a standalone app that does something similar.

Back to Top