This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Azure Upload Error 500

15 Answers 327 Views
CloudUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 12 Mar 2014, 05:51 AM
I have a simple RadCloudUpload control and when uploading a file, I get an error 500.  

<telerik:RadCloudUpload ID="RadCloudUpload1" OnFileUploaded="RadCloudUpload1_FileUploaded" runat="server" OnClientUploadFailed="onClientUploadFailed" ProviderType="Azure" AllowedFileExtensions="jpg" Skin="Glow" MaxFileSize="0"></telerik:RadCloudUpload>
     <asp:Button ID="Save" OnClick="Save_Click" runat="server" Text="Button" />

The control is registered as shown here:
 "message" : "RadAsyncUpload handler is registered succesfully, however, it may not be accessed directly." }

The blob contains files uploaded prior to upgrading to Q1 2014 so it was working at one point.  I am not aware of any changes to Azure or my code.  I checked the keys, account name and blob permissions. Any ideas?

15 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 12 Mar 2014, 09:36 AM
Hi Michael,

Error 500 indicates a server error. To troubleshot the problem first make sure that the Custom Errors are disabled:
<customErrors mode="Off"/>

Then look at the returned response in a Network Tool of your choice. The response should contain detailed information about the error.  For more details see this screenshot.

Since Q1 2014 we have updated CloudUpload to use newer version of Windows Azure SDK.

Install the new version via the nuget package management console:

Install-Package WindowsAzure.Storage -Version 3.0.2

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2014, 02:58 AM
Hristo, 

Thank you for the suggestion to check the network trace.  The returned error states WindowsAzure.Storage version 3.0.2 cannot be loaded.  I checked my reference and I have a newer version 3.0.3 installed which was release in Feb '14.  Is an update to the control needed or do I need to try and rollback to 3.0.2?  
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2014, 09:03 AM
Hi Michael,

Yes, you will have to rollback to 3.0.2. For additional information please look at this help article.

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2014, 03:09 PM
I uninstalled 3.0.3 and installed 3.0.2.  Upload now works.  Thank  you for your help.
Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2014, 07:32 PM
FYI
I tried the 2014 Q2 version of RadCloudUpload with the current Azure storage dll.  It still needs to be rolled back to version 3.0.2.  Version 3.0.3 returns the 500 error.

The help file referenced above has you install version 1.7.0.0 of the storage dll.  That also returns a 500 error. That page, 
        http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/cloud-upload-azure-blob-storage.html
needs to be updated to reflect the current working version of Azure storage DLL.  I spent a lot of time tail-chasing on that one.

For now (as of 7/1/2014), the correct NuGet Azure Storage install is 

Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jul 2014, 02:57 PM
Hi Charles,

Thank you for reporting this. We are going to update this outdated help article.

Your Telerik points were updated.

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Michalis
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Feb 2015, 12:54 PM
Hi there,

Guys I have the same problem, I have installed Package WindowsAzure.Storage -Version 4.3.0 and I got a 500 error.

Is there any solution out there ?

Thank you
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2015, 03:22 PM
Currently the CloduUpload uses Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage ver. 3.0.2. To resolve the issue:
  • Install the proper version:

Use binding redirect:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="telerik.web.ui">
      <section name="radCloudUpload" type="Telerik.Web.UI.CloudUploadConfigurationSection, Telerik.Web.UI" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" requirePermission="false" />
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="Telerik.ScriptManager.TelerikCdn" value="Disabled" />
    <add key="Telerik.StyleSheetManager.TelerikCdn" value="Disabled" />
  </appSettings>
  <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="3.0.2.0" newVersion="4.3.0.0"/>
      </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
  </runtime>
  <system.web>
    <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.5.2">
      <assemblies>
        <add assembly="System.Data.Services.Client, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
      </assemblies>
    </compilation>
    <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5.2" />
    <pages>
      <controls>
        <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" />
      </controls>
    </pages>
    <httpHandlers>
      <add path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false" />
    </httpHandlers>
    <httpModules />
  </system.web>
  <system.webServer>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
    <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true" />
    <handlers>
      <remove name="ChartImage_axd" />
      <add name="ChartImage_axd" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd" />
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx" />
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <remove name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx" />
      <add name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" />
      <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" />
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" />
    </handlers>
  </system.webServer>

<telerik.web.ui>
    <radCloudUpload>
      <storageProviders>
        <add name="Azure" type="Telerik.Web.UI.AzureProvider" accountKey="" accountName="" blobContainer="" subFolderStructure="" ensureContainer="true" uncommitedFilesExpirationPeriod="2" defaultEndpointsProtocol="https"/>
      </storageProviders>
    </radCloudUpload>
  </telerik.web.ui>
</configuration>

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2015, 03:26 PM
Binding Redirect for Amazon S3:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
  For more information on how to configure your ASP.NET application, please visit
  -->
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="telerik.web.ui">
      <section name="radCloudUpload" type="Telerik.Web.UI.CloudUploadConfigurationSection, Telerik.Web.UI" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" requirePermission="false" />
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>
  <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="AWSSDK" publicKeyToken="9f476d3089b52be3" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="2.0.5.0" newVersion="2.3.18.0"/>
      </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
  </runtime>
  <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.5" />
    <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5" />

<httpHandlers>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false" />
    </httpHandlers>
  </system.web>
  <system.webServer>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
    <handlers>
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" />
    </handlers>
  </system.webServer>
  <telerik.web.ui>
    <radCloudUpload>
      <storageProviders>
      </storageProviders>
    </radCloudUpload>
  </telerik.web.ui>
</configuration>

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

Michalis
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 Feb 2015, 01:00 PM
Thanks a lot Hristo,

It works :)
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Mar 2015, 06:55 PM
First of all you have the oldVersion and newVersion reversed in the bindingRedirect if you are trying to roll BACKWARDS to an older version: it should be:

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="4.3.0.0" newVersion="3.0.2.0"/>

Secondly, it DOES NOT WORK. Still error 500.

Instead of providing solutions that move us backwards, why don't you do the right thing and bring the control up to date with Azure storage release 4.3.0??????????????

Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2015, 12:21 PM
Hi Greg,

You should use Azure Storage ver3.0.2.  We haven't tested the control against newer versions like 4.3.0. 
It is in our future plans to upgrade this reference.

To troubleshoot the error look into the returned response:

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

SREERAM
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jul 2017, 10:24 AM
I'm using Cloud Upload to upload the files to Amazon S3 Server.i was unable to see the Progress monitoring while uploading the files.I tried with 2014 my licensed version DLL's and also I downloaded the latest DLLs.it always showing the loading progress, not showing the filling image.please help
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2018, 03:38 PM

We use Telerik.Web.UI Version 2017.3.913.45 with Windows Azure Storage Version 4.3.0.0.

All works fine, except for any files with Unicode Characters in it (e.g. Arabic), in which case the control returns the 500 Error

after the last chunk of data.

If I rename the ident file with standard Latin characters, no error occurs, so clearly related to the filename.

Are there any known Issues with UTF-8 in the control, or the server side .NET configuration ?

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2018, 12:23 PM
Hi Thomas,

I have just ansered your support ticket on the matter, for convenience I am pasting my answer here as well:

We are aware of this problem and it has been already logged into our bug tracking system. I have increase the items priority, but you can vote for it in order to increase it even more:
https://feedback.telerik.com/Project/108/Feedback/Details/223307

Unfortunately, there is no any suiable workaround I can offer you for the moment.

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
CloudUpload
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1