Hi Tonći ,
We still have some work to do regarding improving the internationalization of TeamPulse. One of the issues we currently have is inconsitent use of nvarchar in the database. As you've seen, your user name is initially correct because in our User table we used nvarchar, but in the AssignedTo column in the Story table we did not. This is what is causing the loss of the accent in the c. Please accept my apologies.
We are still planning our R2 release, but there is a good chance we will be working on improving the internationalization of TeamPulse for the R2 release (it's a big job :)). As of right now the R2 release is scheduled for some time in August. For now though, the workaround you are using is your only option.
And thanks for providing so much detail on your issue. It was very helpful.
the Telerik team