Annotations ZIndex and VisualStudio2013 theme

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Massimo
    Massimo avatar
    21 posts

Posted 25 Oct 2014 Link to this post

Hi, I'm having troubles with Annotations zindex and VisualStudio2013 theme.
    With Zindex=50 the alternate row appear in front of annotation as shown in the image attached.

The sample show the second last sample in your documentation: http://www.telerik.com/help/wpf/radtimeline-features-annotations.html
  2. Tsvetie
    Admin
    Tsvetie avatar
    1517 posts

Posted 28 Oct 2014 Link to this post

Hi Massimo,

Yes, this is the expected behavior of the control. Basically, the control has three layers - items, time periods (time labels and alternating columns) and annotations. Using the ZIndex you can influence the z-order rendering behavior of these three layers. Could you please describe the result you are trying to implement and I will check which is the best approach to implement it?

Regards,
    Tsvetie
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Massimo
    Massimo avatar
    21 posts

Posted 11 Nov 2014 in reply to Tsvetie Link to this post

Sorry for my late reply. 
    In my pic there are 3 annotation, the first two (with zindex 150 and 100) are displayed correctly. 
    The third, with zindex 50, looks like a zebra because the the alternate columns style goes above the annotations
  5. Tsvetie
    Admin
    Tsvetie avatar
    1517 posts

Posted 12 Nov 2014 Link to this post

Hi Massimo,

Could you please confirm that the image that you attached to your original post shows only 3 annotations and that the annotation starting on the 25th actually has a duration of 5 days? This would be strange and unexpected as the alternating colors are partially transparent as you can see in the images in the help topic you mentioned.

The default ZIndex of a timeline annotation instance is 300. That is, by default, a timeline annotation appears on top of the timeline items (default ZIndex=200) and the period items (default ZIndex=100). In case you want the third annotation to show as the first two in your image, you should use a ZIndex in the range [101; 199].

Regards,
    Tsvetie
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.