This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

AjaxManager issue

3 Answers 72 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marc asked on 06 Apr 2014, 06:32 AM
Hi,

I am facing a strange situation with AjaxManager and, although the code works as expected, I receive everytime the following error:

JavaScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key.

A simple code like the following raises the error, and usually all calls made to Ajax Manager from code behind are problematic.

Protected Sub RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As AjaxRequestEventArgs) Handles RadAjaxManager1.AjaxRequest
        If e.Argument = "Rebind" Then
            RadGridItems.MasterTableView.SortExpressions.Clear()
            RadGridItems.MasterTableView.GroupByExpressions.Clear()
            RadGridItems.Rebind()
        End If

I am using version 2014.1.225.45 and Visual Studio 2013 (updated). I found the following thread thas looks similar but I cannot find a proper solution.
http://www.telerik.com/forums/rad-ajaxmanager-issue-with-telerik-reportviewer-webforms-reportviewer-control

I also have noticed that ajaxifying some other controls (RadCombobox or buttons) are also causing the error:

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="BtnAddtoBasket">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="BtnAddtoBasket" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eyup
Telerik team
answered on 10 Apr 2014, 06:48 AM
Hello Marc,

I have created a sample RadGrid web site to test the described behavior and on my side the ajaxifying the grid works as expected. Can you please run the attached sample and instruct me the exact steps I need to follow in order to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Eyup
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

David V
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Feb 2016, 08:54 PM

I'm tired of finding these typical responses!

We don't care that you can create a simplistic page that does not exhibit the problem.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON SEARCHING FOR SOLUTIONS CAN CREATE A SIMPLE PAGE THAT DOES NOT EXHIBIT THE PROBLEM!!!
Every one of these pathetic responses wastes the time of people looking for real solutions.

We realize that our complicated real life pages may have problems we introduced but also expect that as the developers of the tools we are using you might have some useful response other than "My pathetic little example does not have an issue!"

Eyup
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2016, 01:18 PM
Hi David,

I understand your concerns, but as a developer yourself you are aware that there might be countless different scenarios of our customers and it is really difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the problematic behavior magically from the first post. Therefore, we require some runnable isolated sample from our customer's side or kindly ask them to modify the basic examples we send them in order to resemble their original projects. I can assure you that with the conversation further going on, we usually manage to root out many of the problems, if not all.

As for the original error in this forum thread, there was an old version issue explained here:
http://www.telerik.com/forums/value-cannot-be-null-parameter-name-key-exception-is-thrown-after-q2-2015-release

Regards,
Eyup
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Eyup
Telerik team
David V
Top achievements
Rank 1