This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

OpenAccessLinqDataSource

4 Answers 89 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Evgeniy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Evgeniy asked on 09 Jul 2012, 08:15 PM
Good Day.

I have OA Domain Model compiled in dll. I.e. rlinq file exists in a separate project.
And I have asp.net 4.0 web site.

I put OpenAccessLinqDataSource and try to configure it. But combo box is empty and I have error message:
OpenAccessLinqDataSource was unable to find domain context instances for processing. You can try any of the following suggestions to resolve your issue:
• If the domain context instance is available in a project from the current solution and it is referenced by the one containing the OpenAccessLinqDataSource, please compile the solution.
• If the domain context instance is available in a project from the current solution that is not referenced by the one containing the OpenAccessLinqDataSource, please add the required reference and compile the solution.

I have referenced on my dll and compiled solution but I still have the same error message.

Meantime if I use OpenAccessDataSource (old control) then everything works fine.

Any idea why OpenAccessLinqDataSource has error?

Thanks,
Eugene

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 03:09 PM
Hello Evgeniy,

Firstly I want to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

It seems to be a regression in the latest Q2 release – resolving OpenAccessContext in website scenarios. We will fix the cause for the problem in the next internal build of the product.

Actually you could use either use the previous official release of the product  - Q1 or setup the OpenAccessLinqDataSource manually by adding the necessary markup code:

<telerik:OpenAccessLinqDataSource ID="OpenAccessLinqDataSource1" runat="server" ContextTypeName="ContextNamespace.ContextName"
    ResourceSetName="EndpointName">
</telerik:OpenAccessLinqDataSource>

Please find your Telerik points updated.

Greetings,
Damyan Bogoev
the Telerik team
OpenAccess ORM Q2'12 Now Available! Get your hands on all the new stuff.
Evgeniy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jul 2012, 09:00 AM
Okay. Thanks.
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2012, 02:29 PM
Hello Evgeniy,

The fix for the OpenAccessLinqDataSource is already available in the latest internal build of the product. Now you should be able to see the context types in assemblies referenced from a web site.

Regards,
Alexander
the Telerik team
OpenAccess ORM Q2'12 Now Available! Get your hands on all the new stuff.
Evgeniy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Aug 2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the info.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Evgeniy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by