This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

404 Not Found at WebResource.axd

9 Answers 2012 Views
SiteMap
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrey asked on 19 Dec 2014, 06:21 PM
Hi. I have erorr "404 Not Found" at the WebResource.axd. Link in background parameter is generates this error (UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2014)
.RadSiteMap.RadSiteMap_rtl .rsmLevel .rsmNodeLines .rsmItem {
padding-right:.83333em;
padding-left:0;
background:url(WebResource.axd?d=f48wGjvl_0dfjPmNr9tLOFvnMRB1CLi8n-kjtv2310YCqz9WudUCfxBHSq03EKuBio5VhswoV9GN6Msark-MNoNqaK7fwka8kcEAy9exFY5jI8t7WdZDzHk_lf7RbccUA8wjhaQPz1iF6FN7gH24LNwpnC6TMkNoLUu3voY_UExZqI460&t=635496800280000000) right -2px no-repeat;}
if i set EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" then error does not appear, but sitemap displayed incorrectly.
How i can correct this error ?
Thanks in advance.

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 24 Dec 2014, 07:30 AM
Hi Andrey,

Please make sure that the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource handler is registered correctly:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-web-resources-troubleshooting.html

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="Telerik.ScriptManager.TelerikCdn" value="Disabled"/>
    <add key="Telerik.StyleSheetManager.TelerikCdn" value="Disabled"/>
  </appSettings>
  <system.web>
    <httpRuntime/>
    <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true" targetFramework="4.0"/>
    <pages>
      <controls>
        <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>
      </controls>
    </pages>
    <httpHandlers>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>
    <httpModules/>
  </system.web>
  <system.webServer>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
    <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"/>
    <handlers>
      <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd"/>
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
    </handlers>
  </system.webServer>
</configuration>

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

leo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Oct 2019, 04:17 PM

Hi, Hristo, Thank you so much. You saved me. It's working for me.

My original one is below:

<add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" >

After removing the "preCondition", it is working now. 

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2019, 11:56 AM

Hi Leo,

We are glad that the Hristo's suggestion is working for you. Just as a quick addition - we would advise that you keep the preCondition, but just removing just the "runtimeVersionv2.0" part of it:

<add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" >

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
leo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Oct 2019, 01:15 PM

Thank you, Vessy. 

Yes, forget to mention that I removed "runtimeVersionv2.0" only, and kept the preCondition="integratedMode" Part.

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 25 Oct 2019, 07:45 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the update, Leo - it seems that the handler is set up properly in this case :)

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
leo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Oct 2019, 01:53 PM

Hi, Vessy

After I removed the "runtimeVersion2.0", the "404 Not Found" is gone, and the popups windows are working; however, the pages don't redirect and display below message:

Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_RadScriptManager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d4.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3aen-US%3a22727c22-244c-4537-8243-3c42cc5b20e2%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2014.1.403.40%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3aen-US%3aca584452-327f-4858-bf00-fb22c6f6fd75%3a16e4e7cd%3aed16cbdc%3af7645509%3a24ee1bba%3a6a6d718d%3a874f8ea2%3a19620875%3af46195d3%3acda80b3:15 Uncaught Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near 'as provided to you.|

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2019, 11:53 AM

Hi Leo,

Usually the experienced error means that the Response was changed during an AJAX request, which often happens when a server error is thrown and there is a redirect for that. You can review this topic which elaborates on this error.

Can you, please, disable the AJAX on the problematic page(s) (or remove temporary the AJAX panels) and see if there is any server- or client-side error thrown when performing the same steps leading to the PageRequestManagerParserErrorException? You can find information on this matter here:
https://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/ajaxmanager/details/get-more-descriptive-errors-by-disabling-ajax

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik

leo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Nov 2019, 03:12 PM

Hi, Vessy, Thank you so much for your suggestions although now working in my case after I tried.

Solution:

I removed "runtimeVersionv2.0" for all Telerik element in <handlers> of  <system.webServer> in web.config file. No only "Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd", but also "Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd", "Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx" and "Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx".

After that, it is working properly.

Thanks again,

Leo

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 06 Nov 2019, 03:08 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the update, Leo - I am happy to know everything is working properly now :)

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik

Tags
SiteMap
Asked by
Andrey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
leo
Top achievements
Rank 1