Rad Grid Export To Excel

65 posts, 0 answers
  1. Syan
    Syan avatar
    14 posts

Posted 12 Feb 2015 Link to this post

while i export excel sheet. in Gird only date column but when i exporting this Gird  column exported as data-time column it's any method or property to avoid this datetime column while i exporting 

Thank You 
    Regards
    Vikas 

2. Ravi
    Ravi avatar
    3 posts

Posted 16 Mar Link to this post

Dear Team,

I am new to Telerik. I have downloaded the trail version and making a demo with GridView. I am able to achieve the grid bind feature, however I am not able to export the data.I am attaching screen grab of ASPX, ASPX.CS, Runtime (output) and Exported view. Let me know the mistake I must be doing.

Regards,
    Ravi

3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Kostadin
    Admin
    Kostadin avatar
    1708 posts

Posted 21 Mar Link to this post

Hello Ravi,

I examined the provided code and the output and I noticed that you are using Xlsx export format. Note that this export format exports the content of the TemplateColumn without formatting the html content. In other words it is expected to receive the raw html in the Excel cells. What I can suggest you is to use HTML export format in case you want to display the formatted html in the Excel cells or remove the template column values when exporting to Xlsx. 

Regards,
    Kostadin
    Telerik
    Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
  5. Ravi
    Ravi avatar
    3 posts

Posted 21 Mar in reply to Kostadin Link to this post

Hello Kostadin,

Thanks for you reply. Per your suggestion I changed the format to HTML. Now its exporting without any raw HTML but it exports everything in column A.... As if I have transpose the data from Columns to Rows.

Regards,
    Ravi

6. Kostadin
    Admin
    Kostadin avatar
    1708 posts

Posted 24 Mar Link to this post

Hello Ravi,

Could you please send the exported document, the grid declaration and the related code behind in order to investigate the cause for this behavior locally?

Regards,
    Kostadin
    Telerik
    Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017