This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2010 Q3 Background and BorderBackground

3 Answers 107 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ivan Kopcanski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivan Kopcanski asked on 19 Apr 2010, 09:29 AM
Hi,

I've managed to change recently the background of the RadWindow header
 by setting RadWindow.Background and RadWindow.BorderBackground properties.

Important is that window is not the RadWindow class itself but inherited class: 
public abstract class WindowBase : RadWindow {...}
And all our windows are declared like this:
XAML: <base:WindowBase x:Class="ListScreenView"
            xmlns:base="clr-namespace:FrontEnd.SL.UI" ... 
            Background={StaticResource ...} BorderBackground={StaticResource ...} />
code-behind: public partial class ListScreenView : WindowBase

Since we've installed 2010_1_0309 build, the Background and BorderBackground settings are not enough.
The header look 'n' feel is somehow forced with theme. I also tried to change the theme both in XAML and
code-behind with no luck:

XAML:StyleManager.Theme = "{StaticResource Theme}"
    code-behind:Theme theme = ThemeManager.FromName("Vista");
                                  StyleManager.SetTheme(this, theme);

We know how to do this by modifying and applying the RadWindow template, but this is a lot of work for us at the moment.
and code refactoring impact is huge. Is there any shorter and smarter solution than modifying the RadWindow template?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Kopcanski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Apr 2010, 09:03 AM
Sorry for the mistake, it is 2010_1_0309 build that we use, I put Q3 in the title by accident.
Accepted
Pana
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2010, 07:54 AM
Hi Ivan Kopcanski,

There is no property for the header background. You will have to edit the template.

The themes had serious redesign. It was done to make our controls look more consistent. We will consider removing the gradient from the RadWindow header so the header may be affected by the BorderBackground property.

Greetings,
Panayot
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Ivan Kopcanski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 May 2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks, Panayot. It is true what you've said, but I used the Windows 7 theme and it changed the window border.
This is the easier way than to change the whole window template and the theme window style satisfies client needs.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Ivan Kopcanski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Kopcanski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pana
Telerik team