Word 2010 Add-In - Drag and Drop between node doesn't work

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Patrick
    Patrick avatar
    6 posts

Posted 05 Nov 2012 Link to this post

If i create a wpf project using the following xaml definition, i'm able to move the "Soccer" treeviewitem before the "futsal" element. When I start draging my element, i can see the option that allow me to insert the item before the previous element.

<telerik:RadTreeView x:Name="radTreeView" Grid.Row="2" IsDragDropEnabled="True"
                <telerik:RadTreeViewItem Header="Sport Categories">
                    <telerik:RadTreeViewItem Header="Football">
                        <telerik:RadTreeViewItem Header="Futsal" />
                        <telerik:RadTreeViewItem Header="Soccer" />

If I take the previous control, and I add it in a word 2010 add-in,the option is not available. It doesn't matter where i put my mouse, the "before" or "option" command never show up. I can only insert item inside other item.

Any Ideas why i'm having this behavior? I will try to attach a sample project showing this behavior.

Best Regards,

P.S. It's seem there an issue ID associate with this problem: 1299 - TreeView: Built-in drag and drop does not work in ElementHost. Have you any workaround to suggest me to solve this behavior? 
  2. Pavel R. Pavlov
    Pavel R. Pavlov avatar
    1165 posts

Posted 06 Nov 2012 Link to this post

Hello Patrick,

This is a known issue (as you have discovered) and it is already logged as a bug in out PITS. You can vote for it to increase it's priority.

Unfortunately we are not aware of any workarounds at this moment.

Pavel R. Pavlov
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner