Just to throw some more fuel on the fire, here are some basic controls I had made to analyse functionality for a major web application project. https://mvclib.lixi.id.au/Textbox
Disclaimer: I am not a developer. I am a product solution architect/designer. This project was outsourced to cost effective developers. The aim of the project was to implement a UI that I could test and manipulate the properties for each control. There are a lot of CSS properties etc which are not really control properties just for my benefit.
A lot of research and development went into narrowing down the core functionalities and deciphering properties across many control libraries from many technologies. Textbox, Listbox, Combobox and Dropdown have what I have established as the basic properties from a business perspective that these controls should have.
If this post is inappropriate please delete it. Otherwise feel free to copy the functionality to KendoUI to enable us to develop real web applications with Kendo! I would be happy to provide an analysis of functionality missing from Kendo for each control.
Some obvious things:
- There is no Text Input plugin. (Should have mask, should have input restriction and other basic text input properties)
- There is no Multiline Text Input plugin.
- Combo Box doesn’t have an option to prevent typing custom text. (I can't find the post on this but was a lame response from support)
- Dropdown List should be able to have null value.
- There is no Radio Buttons List plugin
- There is no Checkbox List plugin
- Plugins doesn’t have a “destroy” method, which is very important in developing.