When there is a primary statement more child report, report data source error

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Yang Cui
    Yang Cui avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2010

    Posted 13 Apr 2015 Link to this post

    I create a main report, created four sub report in the main report statements. In 2015 Q1 version can work normally, but in the 2015 Q1 SP1 version, the four sub report run-time anomalies, four sub report no longer use since the data sources, using only the first child report data sources. Due to the rest of the three sub report data showed abnormal.
  2. Stef
    Admin
    Stef avatar
    3036 posts

    Posted 15 Apr 2015 Link to this post

    Hello,

    The provided information is insufficient to determine what causes the problem. If you are filtering sub reports' data based on a field/parameter of the master report, check if values are passed correctly to sub reports e.g., as in How to: Create a Master-Detail Report Using a SubReport Item.

    In order to investigate the problem further, please post the master report's code and how data is set for sub reports. Also elaborate in which rendering the sub reports data is repeating.

    Regards,
    Stef
    Telerik
     

    See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

     
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Jules
    Jules avatar
    20 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2005

    Posted 23 Apr 2015 in reply to Stef Link to this post

    I'm not 100% sure from the description, but I think I'm having a problem similar to this user. 

     I have a Master-Detail report. Essentially the master's dataset pulls a list of people and passes those individual's identifiers to a series of subreports. When I ran this report on April 2nd, it worked fine with no error messages. When I went to run it today (with 9.0.15.324), I received error messages in place of most of the subreports. The errors indicate that a key field in the subreport's dataset (one that is not included in main report) is not recognized. The subreports, when run as standalone reports, work fine. As this other user suggested, it almost seems like the subreports are ignoring their own dataconnections. 

     I managed to roll my Standalone Designer back to 9.0.15.225, and now the report runs correctly again.

     If I have some time tomorrow I will try to compile the reports and samples of the output to further illustrate the problem. Until then, I hope this can serve as a note that there seems to be a problem with the latest release.

     

    Thanks,

    J

  5. Stef
    Admin
    Stef avatar
    3036 posts

    Posted 27 Apr 2015 Link to this post

    Hi Julia,

    Indeed, there was an issue when report definitions have duplicating values for their Name properties. Reports must be named uniquely to avoid the problem.

    The issue is addressed in the latest available internal build of Telerik Reporting Q1 2015 SP1 - build version 9.0.15.422, which can be downloaded from your Telerik account - Latest Internal Builds - Reporting.


    I hope this information helps you.

    Regards,
    Stef
    Telerik
     

    See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

     
Back to Top