This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

WebSocket messages are trimmed to 8192 bytes in FiddlerCore

1 Answer 122 Views
Extensions and Customization
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Андрей
Top achievements
Rank 1
Андрей asked on 20 Dec 2015, 06:24 PM

Hi 

I'm trying to process a 30KB WebSocket message, but both

e.oWSM.PayloadAsString(),
e.oWSM.PayloadAsBytes()

are trimmed.

Unfortunately, manipulations with Prefs don't help

FiddlerApplication.Prefs.SetInt32Pref("fiddler.network.sockets.ClientReadBufferSize", 1000000);
FiddlerApplication.Prefs.SetInt32Pref("fiddler.network.sockets.ServerReadBufferSize", 1000000);
FiddlerApplication.Prefs.SetInt32Pref("fiddler.network.sockets.Client_SO_RCVBUF", 1000000);
FiddlerApplication.Prefs.SetInt32Pref("fiddler.network.sockets.Client_SO_SNDBUF", 1000000);
FiddlerApplication.Prefs.SetInt32Pref("fiddler.network.sockets.Server_SO_RCVBUF", 1000000);         FiddlerApplication.Prefs.SetInt32Pref("fiddler.network.sockets.Server_SO_SNDBUF", 1000000);

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
answered on 21 Dec 2015, 06:49 PM
What makes you think the WebSocket message is 30kb?

The most likely explanation is that the message is in fact 8kb and the server has fragmented the 30kb of data into four such frames, the first three of which will have the IsFinalFrame flag set to false.

If you send me a SAZ file from Fiddler (File > Save Session Archive, Help > Send Feedback), I'm happy to have a look.

Regards,
Eric Lawrence
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Extensions and Customization
Asked by
Андрей
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
Share this question
or