web.config entries

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. debbie f
    debbie f avatar
    36 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2006

    Posted 28 Jul 2008 Link to this post

    I have a web project that requires authentication that is using radspell.  However, I do have registration pages (where users have not yet been authenticated) that must use radspell.  What web.config entries are necessary to grant permissions to anon users?  Here is what is I have defined in web.config currently:

    <location path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd">
        <system.web>
          <authorization>
            <allow users="*"/>
          </authorization>
        </system.web>
      </location>
      <location path="Users/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd">
        <system.web>
          <authorization>
            <allow users="*"/>
          </authorization>
        </system.web>
      </location>
      <location path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx">
        <system.web>
          <authorization>
            <allow users="*"/>
          </authorization>
        </system.web>
      </location>
      <location path="App_Data/RadSpell/en-US.tdf">
        <system.web>
          <authorization>
            <allow users="*"/>
          </authorization>
        </system.web>

    I get this javascript error when accessing spell from a registration page:

    Error: [Exception... "'Sys.ArgumentException: Sys.ArgumentException: Cannot deserialize. The data does not correspond to valid JSON.
    Parameter name: data' when calling method: [nsIOnReadyStateChangeHandler::handleEvent]"  nsresult: "0x8057001c (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)"  location: "<unknown>"  data: no]

    Any suggestions?
  2. johnv
    johnv avatar
    36 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2008

    Posted 29 Jul 2008 Link to this post

    I am having the same issue on my dev webserver. My localhost XP dev environment is working fine, but my testing server is experiencing the same issue... Any thoughts?
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. George
    Admin
    George avatar
    859 posts

    Posted 30 Jul 2008 Link to this post

    Hi guys,

    First, note that when you add the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd location as follows, it will be added for all the users. 
    <location path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd">
        <system.web>
          <authorization>
            <allow users="*"/>
          </authorization>
        </system.web>
      </location>

    So, you may remove the following one:
    <location path="Users/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd">
        <system.web>
          <authorization>
            <allow users="*"/>
          </authorization>
        </system.web>
      </location>

    Next, there is no need to add the "App_Data/RadSpell/en-US.tdf" because it is accessed by the server.

    I can see is that the Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd is missing. Please add it to your configuration and test the behavior e.g.

     <location path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd">
        <system.web>

          <authorization>
            <allow users="*"/>
          </authorization>
        </system.web>

    I hope this helps.

    Sincerely,
    George
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  5. johnv
    johnv avatar
    36 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2008

    Posted 30 Jul 2008 Link to this post

    Hi all,

    I don't mean to hijack your thread Debbie, but I thought it was interesting that someone else is having my exact same problem - and maybe we can help each other discover the problem.

    My web.config entries look like this:

    </appSettings>
    <
    location path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx">  
        <system.web> 
            <authorization> 
                <allow users="*"/>  
            </authorization > 
        </system.web> 
    </location> 
    <location path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd">  
        <system.web> 
            <authorization> 
                <allow users="*" /> 
            </authorization> 
        </system.web> 
    </location> 
    <location path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd">  
        <system.web> 
            <authorization> 
                <allow users="*" /> 
            </authorization> 
        </system.web> 
    </location> 
    <system.codedom>

    So, I guess I have already gotten the web.config put together correctly. I should probably add that I am running my app as a DNN module. After verifying the web.config, and replacing the entries, I am still having the same problem.

    I have also observed that this issue manifests itself differently in Firefox 2. It looks like it simply hangs up.

    Thanks,

    John
  6. jason
    jason avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2004

    Posted 30 Jul 2008 Link to this post

    It's all yours now John - having the correct web.config entries has solved the problem on my end for now.  (I haven't pushed to staging/production yet but development works fine.)  I'd suggest possibly running fiddler to see if you find a uri that your app is hanging on - early on we had an isapi filter running that was choking on the long urls.
  7. johnv
    johnv avatar
    36 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2008

    Posted 30 Jul 2008 Link to this post

    Thanks, but I figured out what my problem was also. I had forgotten that in DNN there are some rules for using their friendlt URL's. I added the SpellCheckHandler entry to the SiteUrls.config file and everything started working on my QA server correctly.

    So, Thanks!
  8. Luiz Pires
    Luiz Pires avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2009

    Posted 21 Dec 2009 Link to this post

    Hi,

    Please,  paste here your siteurl.config.

    Thanks,
    Luiz
Back to Top
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017